• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

5.0HO EFI Distributor

collinbrewer

Loc.
Austin
Need to pick a dizzy for my '91 5.0HO... obviously it has EFI.

I really like the sound of the DUI setup with the points built-in, but I don't know which model to pick.

Anybody have any other preferred dizzys for that setup?

ransil

Bronco Guru
Stock unit for EFI. The computer get input from the distributer and outputs to it.
You cannot use points with EFI.

Broncobowsher

Total hack
There are no point in either the ford TFI or the DUI.
The DUI defeats the ability of the ECM to control the spark. Economy will suffer if nothing else due to the lack of ported vacuum on the throttle body. So DUI is a bad thing for this. I am not even sure it would clear the intake anyway.

Stock ford distributer works perfect, just use another one.

jurob

Loc.
Virginia Beach, Va
There are no point in either the ford TFI or the DUI.
The DUI defeats the ability of the ECM to control the spark. Economy will suffer if nothing else due to the lack of ported vacuum on the throttle body. So DUI is a bad thing for this. I am not even sure it would clear the intake anyway.

Stock ford distributer works perfect, just use another one.

whats wrong with the ford tfi? thats the stock dist.

Last edited: