• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

66 Experts - Eyebrow Grille

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
Are all 66 Broncos with the eyebrow grille Budd bodied Broncos? Or did Ford continue with the eyebrow grille for a short while after taking over production? Is there a VIN number cross-over from Budd to Ford?

I have been assuming all eyebrow grille Broncos were Budd bodied but I'd like to confirm.

okie4570

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW OK
They eyebrow ended mid November 65' from what I can tell. As far as when the Budd bodies ended, I'm not sure. Start looking at where the FORD rectangle should be below the drivers seat, Budd's won't have the rectangle impression of course. Just off the cuff, I'm going to say yes all eyebrows were Budd's. Need to find someone with a 11/65' or later and see. My 10/65' is a Budd.

1strodeo

Squirrel Watcher
Loc.
Wisconsin
They eyebrow ended mid November 65' from what I can tell. As far as when the Budd bodies ended, I'm not sure. Start looking at where the FORD rectangle should be below the drivers seat, Budd's won't have the rectangle impression of course. Just off the cuff, I'm going to say yes all eyebrows were Budd's. Need to find someone with a 11/65' or later and see. My 10/65' is a Budd.

My April 66 does not have the rectangle impression

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Would love to see some correlation on this as well based on what people's trucks have because I don't think there's any documentation that exists which gives definitive information.

I'm surprised how much of a role Budd played in the development of the Bronco. They did a lot of the body engineering on the truck and also did frame testing.

Todd Z.

eaglenest66

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I have a 1967 military bronco and there is no rectangle either.

fordfan

Bronco Guru
Can someone show a picture of the 'rectangle' below the driver's seat?

Duhhhh. Why did I ask that...

Last edited:

thegreatjustino

Contributor
Red Head Grease Monkey
Loc.
Stockton, CA
Can someone show a picture of the 'rectangle' below the driver's seat?

https://www.wildhorses4x4.com/product/66-67_Ford_Emblem_Driver_Rocker_Panel/earlybroncoemblems

13128_5541_popup.jpg

ep67bro

Contributor
Bronco Junky
Loc.
Easton, MD
My Feb of 67 doesn't have the square for the Ford badge and has the 66 style tailgate. The grill was replaced at some point so don't know about the eyebrow grill.

OP
OP
Scoop

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
Yes, must be a typo in Jim's book. Oct 66 build would be a 67.