• Be EXTREMELY cautious if someone offers to buy your Bronco for more than your asking price and sight unseen. ESPECIALLY if the buyer is overseas. It's probably a scam.

Discuss it more here:
    http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?p=514932
  • The Classifieds forum is a place to buy and sell, not an open forum for people to give their opinions on Bronco values. Unless the seller specifically asks for help on pricing, please don't critique quality or asking price. If you're not interested then move on. - Thanks!
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

OH 66 U13 on ebay for 64K! "Nicest in the World"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gas Pig

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Good Luck Jeff!

I was hoping to see it at Broncorama...

Hey Mark, it not sold yet!! So, you might still get the chance at Broncorama. I know my wife hopes you don't but my kids (5 and 8 yr.) on the other hand hope you do. They looked at like I just shot the beloved family dog. "What do you mean when you say, 'it's not come back?' "We only got one ride in it.":cry: Oh well what can I do? It was a huge thrill to take my family in a ride in the truck. All of them loved! They they got to see and feel the awesomeness of riding in a Roadster. Even my toughest critic "mom" first said, "no top or doors... I don't get it, what's the point?" During her spin around the block was quick to take back her statement. "This is really cool! Now I can see why someone would want this kind vehicle.";D

Thanks Mark for the support!
Jeff

bax

Contributor
Old Member
I am shocked!! I don't know what to think about the sale. I don't know if I could do that.

NGABronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
N. GA now South Carolina
Hey Gas Pig, you're the man!!! Great build!!! Go for it!! Good luck!!! Heck, it may put one of the young'uns through college!!!

And like your real dream, it may put 66' EB Roadster's, as well as all EB's in general "on the map"!!!!;D;D

I have no problem in the thought process of "buying them" or "building them",
it's simply "pay me now or pay me later"!!!!%)%)%)

tcjones76

Loc.
Tyngsboro, Ma
Can we get a copy of all the photos in the ad saved in the gallery, for inspiration and for reference on all future restorations of the early roadsters.

Gas Pig

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I am shocked!! I don't know what to think about the sale. I don't know if I could do that.

Hey Roger, I figured you and a few other guys would be shocked at the sale. Really there was only a handful people who know from the start my full intentions. Most of them felt how you do, "I don't know if I could do that" Bronco and non Bronco people. Once the transporter pick up the truck my wife asked how I felt. I told her relief that it's out of my hands but also a feeling of accomplishment that some of my goals were starting to come to a close. As I pushed through this project I personally gained a greater understanding on how cool the early Broncos are. Through their history awesome front end design which made them great for the street but also the best off-road vehicle made. But what pushed me over the edge from a simple goal for restoring a U13 to my best that I can do. To a pure passion of I having to try to take this very cool, very unique, very rare vehicle to the next level. How far I can push the the truck to the next level remains to be seen and only time will tell. But I know for sure with or with out my efforts it's going to happen. It's only a matter of time when the Bronco gets it's fair share of the limelight in the classic car world status. At some point I'll share with you the people I contacted outside the Bronco community and the sacrifices I made to pay for this crazy idea of mine. Hopefully it doesn't all go for not!%) haha

Thanks Jeff

Gas Pig

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Hey Gas Pig, you're the man!!! Great build!!! Go for it!! Good luck!!! Heck, it may put one of the young'uns through college!!!

And like your real dream, it may put 66' EB Roadster's, as well as all EB's in general "on the map"!!!!;D;D

I have no problem in the thought process of "buying them" or "building them",
it's simply "pay me now or pay me later"!!!!%)%)%)
Hey NGA,
I can only hope that it will put one of my young'uns through college! It would be sweet!;D;D

I hope my dream starts to come to pass but I can't do it alone. I need you guys to get out there and share your trucks through other outlets. This is a great site and would never leave or forsake it. But all EB guys with clean cut and uncut trucks and stock or modified have to share the pics with other web sites, magazines, car shows, TV shows. Any kind of classic trucks or vintage trucks, restoration forums whatever you can find just has to be outside the Bronco community and/or 4x4 community. Hate use this term but a "grass roots movement." The only people who are going to make a real impact is us. If we just stay in are own little group then how do we expect to ever get noticed.

"Pay me now or pay me later" painful but very true. Honestly it not all but the money! If I had enough money would donate this truck to a museum. There is a back story to that as well I'll share someday. But it was the chase and fun of working something like the Roadster. Before I got into Broncos I was into vintage dirt bikes. I love to ride but I really love to work on them I'd restore them use just a bit them sell them for not much more I put into them and take the cash and start all over again. Now it's just turned all into Broncos. I wont be able to do them fast but someday I'll like to be known for the "crazy kook" haha that does these kind of restorations, definitely not a "flipper" but a restorer!

Thanks again for support!
Jeff

Nightmare Bronc

Hey Gas Pig. What a super job you have done on the Bronco. I commend you for all the hard work you have done. This is one of the best restorations I have seen. Congrats.

Gas Pig

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Can we get a copy of all the photos in the ad saved in the gallery, for inspiration and for reference on all future restorations of the early roadsters.

Hey tcjones, yes I want those pictures too! No matter how hard I tried I couldn't ever get the truck to look that good with my camera. I'm sure it's me me more then the camera. So yes I want those pics too. But to add to that idea of the pics for reference or inspiration I think it's time to produce a build guide / book. Most of the well known collectable cars you can get them already. A book filled with all the juicy info for restoring a 66, 67, or what ever year. Each year had it's differences but the greatest/most were in 66 but all the years should be found in book or book series. This wouldn't just come from one person but have each guy who restored his/her Bronco write down what found out through out their project (what ever year they restored). What they did where they bought parts and part numbers, ect... For an example: I know the 66 pretty well now and a little bit of a 71 and 72 differences but I don't know the "ins and outs" of a 67 yet. When I go and start my 67 restoration I'm going to have a bit a learning curve again on the 66-67 differences. But John Doe just got done with his 67 and is looking for a 66 to start on next we could really help each other out if we could talk. I have talked with a couple gurus here that something needs to be started to get something down on paper. We need to make close documentation of are builds and send them in for reference and review. The builder notes would be recorded then sent to a panel of gurus for review for accuracy. This system is not with out error would take longer then most people would hope for but info it would get more and more refined at time roll on. We have to face the fact that no one have all the info (each year Bronco), time (research), and money to just put a book together complete and accurate enough to pay for publishing it. But if we all start doing are home work and turn the info it to someone it might be affordable then. That's my $.02

Thanks to both of you Nightmare and Donald!!

Gas Pig

Contributor
Bronco Guru
4 hours left! that price is up there!
Keep going up!!

Hey thanks Mark! Just and hour and 1/2 to go now still sitting at $40K I'll be surprised if it hits the reserve price. I have know idea what the reserve is set at because the consignment shop handles all of that. I'm completely out of the lop. So, I'm watching just like the rest of the Bronco community.

Thanks again and we'll see what happens, Jeff

TheBroncoRanch

Bronco Guru
Ended at $40,100.00 reserve not met. Sorry to see it did not sell, at the same time I am glad to see it went to that price. Ebay is just not the place quality vehicals are sold for the most part. I noticed that the guys selling yours have a low sell ratio on ebay. Its probably just a good marketing tool for them to get it out there and get it noticed. Jeff I wish you the best of luck with the sale. Its truly the best I have seen out there.

Tom

JGbronc

Bronco Maniac
I'm glad to see that it brought that, but I wish it would have brought every bit of the buy it now price. I don't care what anyone else says, it's worth it. I'm ready to see stockers bring much higher prices than what the Broncos on Barret-Jackson have brought.

Gas Pig, this Bronco is incredible. You did an amazing job.

ransil

Bronco Guru
Its in the free off road mag published by 4 wheel parts that I got in the mail last week.

Gas Pig

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Hey thanks to the both of you guys! The consignment shop warned me about it not selling on ebay. They said most of their cars don't but use it as a quick and cheep way to hit a world wide group of buyers. But that is not the only way they market the vehicles. They said some of there buyer love ebay, some love weekly up dates, and others like to see it in print ads. What ever works for them and they have some of the nicest cars I have seen in their show room. The only thought I had against the ebay thing is this. There wasn't only cross marketing how they had it posted. Most to all of the guys in the Bronco community would never buy a truck like that. They would try to build one for themselves. I feel the best buyer for this truck would be a non-Bronco guy but a collector of vehicles of unique and very cars or trucks. Unfortunately a buyer like that wouldn't have found that U13 in ebay search unless hit typed in" Roadster" for his ebay search. Oh well, I would have like to see it go higher to but I didn't think it would. Even at 40K I was pretty happy with the out come and the amount of hits it had was 6294 which was way higher then all most all their other cars they are selling. So it got it's exposer and been seen by a few people! haha Well see what happen next. I bet they will run it as a "Buy It Now" for 64K or "Make Best Offer" to see what kind of offers it would bring. They have it for 120 days and it all up to them until then.

Thanks for your support!;D Jeff

Gas Pig

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Sale pending

Hey guys, I don't know all the details yet because I have nothing to do with the sale it all in the consigner hands. They told me a week ago they had a sale pending. But just today I did notice the truck was moved to the sold section. Other then that I don't know much else.
Jeff

77Bronco636

I'm sad and happy for you at the same time. I hope it went to a good home, and gongratulatiuons to ya Jeff!!! I hope I get to see it in person one day!!

Status
Not open for further replies.