• Be EXTREMELY cautious if someone offers to buy your Bronco for more than your asking price and sight unseen. ESPECIALLY if the buyer is overseas. It's probably a scam.

Discuss it more here:
    http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?p=514932
  • The Classifieds forum is a place to buy and sell, not an open forum for people to give their opinions on Bronco values. Unless the seller specifically asks for help on pricing, please don't critique quality or asking price. If you're not interested then move on. - Thanks!
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

OH 66 U13 on ebay for 64K! "Nicest in the World"

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
BajaFresh75

BajaFresh75

Bronco Guru
It is fun too look at. Is it anyone's on the list (Gas Pig's)? If not has anyone seen it in person?

Last edited:

bronco-billy-66

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Madison Mississippi
""And talk about rare! The first generation of the early Bronco was built from 1966-1977, with a total of 225,585 produced. U13 Roadsters like this one were only built in '66, '67, and '68, with a total of only 5000 built over that 3-year production run. According to Bronco experts, there are probably less than 125 in existence today""

Wow I've got one of the 125 left... mine is not restored or stock so i'll start the bidding at 40k..;D

bronco-billy-66

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Madison Mississippi
That thing is pretty sweet.. no way they looked that good when new.. Look at the one pic under the hood, you can see the motor in the reflection off the bottom of the hood:eek:

Revelation

Bronco Guru
Looks very familiar to me, Either there are 2 that were restored exact but I would say Gas-Pig is testing the waters, as for the best on the planet, HELL YEA IT IS!
EDIT: Look down at the pics, there is one from the calender and it is from Ohio, Go Gas-Pig GO!
attachment.php

Miker

Bronco Guru
Maybe it's really just a little Hot Wheel Bronco toy with some trick photography,,,,;D

Broncitis

MEB Founder
Sweet Bronco, less than impressive ad IMO.

Anytime I read "best in the world" or "nicest Bronco ever", yada yada yada, it generally turns me off unless there is substantial documentation, history, and awards to back statements like that up. However, this one certainly appears to be very nicely restored as opposed to some others I read that type of hype in their ads.

I did find it funny that the two major shows mentioned at the end of the ad are two that only our U13 has won awards at both so far and are our "local" shows. (in fact, my avatar pic is of our Roadster at the Carlisle All-Ford Nats when it was featured next to the concept Bronco at FoMoCo's request.)

I certainly applaud all the work and detail that went into this restoration. I'm sure this one will also do very well at these shows as well as it is obviously a very sweet Roadster.

I hope he gets his price since it will make ours worth even more than we thought! ;D

Last edited:

iwlbcnu

Bronco Guru
Very nice rig, but with that description I would expect perfect, I see it is still missing the drivers side vent boot ;) I also thought that the aux tank and some of the chrome was a later option? That is an early rig. Very nice resto though!!!!!!

eaglenest66

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Sweet Bronco, less than impressive ad IMO.

Anytime I read "best in the world" or "nicest Bronco ever", yada yada yada, it generally turns me off unless there is substantial documentation, history, and awards to back statements like that up. However, this one certainly appears to be very nicely restored as opposed to some others I read that type of hype in their ads.

I did find it funny that the two major shows mentioned at the end of the ad are two that only our U13 has won awards at both so far and are our "local" shows. (in fact, my avatar pic is of our Roadster at the Carlisle All-Ford Nats when it was featured next to the concept Bronco at FoMoCo's request.)

I certainly applaud all the work and detail that went into this restoration. I'm sure this one will also do very well at these shows as well as it is obviously a very sweet Roadster.

I hope he gets his price since it will make ours worth even more than we thought! ;D

Nicely stated Drew! tim

TheBroncoRanch

Bronco Guru
I have seen Jeff's Roadster. I can say its without a doubt the best one I have seen. He put a huge effort into researching, purchasing and restoring this as good as it could be. So is it the best in the world? Who knows. Its the best I have seen.

Aux tanks were a option in 66. I have a 66 with one and the tank has a actual 66 part number on it and is different that later years. so that is correct.

The chrome is also correct. My 291 roadster has all the same chrome.

The seal on the air intake is missing, I am sure if he could have found one it would be there.

Jeff, had nothing to do with the listing as far as writing it or how it is listed. He consigned the bronco and its in their hands now.

Lets all wish Jeff the best of luck with the sale of this bronco. I know I would like to see him get the B.I.N. price out of it;D

Viperwolf1

Contributor
electron whisperer
I don't think I've seen the bumperettes on a roadster before.

Ohio Bronco 21

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Cleveland
I have also seen jeffs bronco, I have never seen a nicer one, does one exist, Maybe. I had planned to stop by and see the Bronco at this place, as it is pretty close to me, but it may be gone before I get over there. A lot of nice cars there. The real question is what Bronco is next for restoration Jeff? your 51 truck maybe?

Gas Pig

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Hey guys, yes it's my truck if you haven't figured that out by now. haha I first want to say thanks and then sorry. By no means I had no intentions of stirring up the pot by selling my Bronco. Remember I'm just the builder not the editor. Once it consign it's out of my hands until the truck sells or contract is over. So please don't stone the builder.;D Also for the fellow U13 owners before me Don, Jeff, Terry, Tom, and Tim including Steve's(Big Sky) work, I have always respected you, your work, and your trucks. All of your trucks have been honestly my inspiration on doing my Roadster.

After Tim and Tom clued me in about a U13 and it's rarity. I made it a mission or goal to build the best U13 that I can do and take it to prime time. My whole purpose of doing so was to push the U13 model up one more rung on the ladder of classic/collectible car status. Face it, the very unique and very truck should be there already. The simple facts of: first true SUV, it's success in racing, it's unique concept and design, and numbers...numbers...numbers. Very low production with very few left today in original like condition! Which is also why it hasn't yet hit the collector status. There has been a few awesome restored U13 but none of guys were crazy or dumb enough to sell them like Mark and I. Selling rusted out or trail U13 on ebay won't ever push the U13's up the scale for collector ownership. You have to pure your heart, soul and $$$ to build the truck of your dreams and then let it go. A few years ago Mark the first guy to do what I'm doing. His effort set a record and pushed the U13 up a rung. Hopefully my effort does the same and my truck some day inspires the next guy restore a Roadster. If my truck set a new record price, I expect someday that record to be broken and each time it does it's good for all the U13 owners!

Thanks guys and to answer you Nolan, I need to finish up my 72 driver first or it will never get done! Who am I kidding, are they ever done? So, I'm going to short break from "Pure Stock" train of thought and do a 5.0 EFI, 4 speed O/D, hydro boost w/ disc, and power steering swap to my red 72. Before going back into my quiver full of arrows for my next full blown restoration.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.