• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

67-77 Bronco Sport Interior

f2502011

Did all 67-77 bronco sports originally come with parchment interior or were there other colors available?

Slowleak

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Georgia
The ‘72 Explorer Sport had ginger/Indian blanket seats. As far as I know, all other Sports were parchment.

fordfan

Bronco Guru
Yes. Slowleak is correct. The '72 Explorer Sport is only "Sport" decor that didn't have parchment seats and vinyl door panels.

OP
OP
F

f2502011

Specifically interested in Sport only not Explorer Sport but that is great info to know.

Was 72 the only year for that difference?

Did they all including the 72 explorer sport come with the parchment floor mat?

Was there also a blue version?

Last edited:

Slowleak

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Georgia
Specifically interested in Sport only not Explorer Sport but that is great info to know.

Yes, 72 was the only year.

No, On Explorers the mats were color keyed to match the seats, so a 72 Explorer Sport would have ginger mats. In all other years a Bronco with the sport package would have parchment seats and parchment mats.

The sport package could be added to any color Bronco. You could special order exterior colors so blue would have been possible in any year, even on a ‘72 Explorer with the sport package but all the Explorer seats were ginger in 72.

Last edited:

Slowleak

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Georgia
My 77 Sport had a black mat in it……was an all original truck….

Now that you mention that, I think I remember 77 being an oddball year. Normally a base Bronco would have black mats but I had a all original ‘77 base model with parchment mats. Ford may have switched things around at some point in ‘77, or run out of mats. There was a thread about that a year or two ago…..

Last edited:
OP
OP
F

f2502011

Black at the end of the run? Primarily the Parchment Sport Mat was commonplace on the Sport, but no-one so far has been able to figure out how to reproduce a correct version of it. Currently the Black Front Sport Mat is on backorder. Very interesting.

LUBr LuvR

Contributor
Bronco Guru

The interior/brochure in your post shows the 1973 (only) Explorer interior colors, which were blue or orange, and came with matching color keyed mats.

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Currently the Black Front Sport Mat is on backorder. Very interesting.
Maybe people have been following our thread here on Classic about using vinyl paint to color the black mats more parchment.😁
Bunch of people ordering them up, but front only to test their painting skills, and wear and tear first?

Yeah, I know… Probably just the normal supply chain issues going on here.😩🙄