• Be EXTREMELY cautious if someone offers to buy your Bronco for more than your asking price and sight unseen. ESPECIALLY if the buyer is overseas. It's probably a scam.

Discuss it more here:
    http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?p=514932
  • The Classifieds forum is a place to buy and sell, not an open forum for people to give their opinions on Bronco values. Unless the seller specifically asks for help on pricing, please don't critique quality or asking price. If you're not interested then move on. - Thanks!
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

TX 68 Bronco value?

Status
Not open for further replies.

trippin

Loc.
Forney, TX
My friend's grandpa offered to sell me his 68 Bronco. The body is very straight and has a tiny bit of surface rust, BUT it has been sitting in storage for over 20 yrs. It was running when he parked it. It was last inspected in 1991. Just over 63,000 miles showing on the odometer. I have just recently started looking for a EB, so I really have no idea of the value. So what do you guys think it is worth? Any ideas for cost to get it running?

Thanks,
Eric

Attachments

• DSC07700.JPG
    DSC07700.JPG
    97 KB · Views: 637
  • DSC07707.JPG
    DSC07707.JPG
    147 KB · Views: 588
  • DSC07801.JPG
    DSC07801.JPG
    147.8 KB · Views: 699
  • DSC07802.JPG
    DSC07802.JPG
    132.6 KB · Views: 609
  • DSC07803.JPG
    DSC07803.JPG
    137.9 KB · Views: 657
  • DSC07708.JPG
    DSC07708.JPG
    83 KB · Views: 617
  • DSC07808.JPG
    DSC07808.JPG
    123 KB · Views: 580
  • DSC07810.JPG
    DSC07810.JPG
    141.7 KB · Views: 547
  • DSC07811.JPG
    DSC07811.JPG
    114.5 KB · Views: 536
  • DSC07812.JPG
    DSC07812.JPG
    136.9 KB · Views: 540
  • DSC07814.JPG
    DSC07814.JPG
    124.7 KB · Views: 552
  • DSC07815.JPG
    DSC07815.JPG
    98.1 KB · Views: 579

67project

Value depends a lot on how nice of a rig you want along with options like power steering and brakes. While you are at it you should pick up the two convertibles healys? in front of it!!

Pedestrian

Bronco Missionary
$6k is about right for a straight rust free body in that condition.
Getting it running and roadworthy after sitting that long should run about $1000-1500
Tires, Brakes, Tune up, carb rebuild, boil fuel system, Battery etc...

I only wish I had the money for it. :(

Jakedog

Make sure the wiring hasn't been chewed up by rats or mice. Cool find!

oplop

Loc.
Bay Area
good find i like seein old fords comin back to life if that was a new car 20 years from now you would spend 5 grand not to mention going through all that plastic that breaks like peanut brittle

needabronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Prescott/Farmington
I'm going to go against the grain here. $3500 in present condition here's why; it doesn't run, needs tires, likely a partial engine overhaul to complete to get it to run, brake lines, fuel system cleaned out, wiring needs a good inspection, dry rot...... It appears to be stock, manual drum brakes, no power steering, D30 front end...

Now IF it ran good, then I'd say it's a $5000-6000 rig.

Nice find by the way.

OP
OP
T

trippin

Loc.
Forney, TX
Value depends a lot on how nice of a rig you want along with options like power steering and brakes. While you are at it you should pick up the two convertibles healys? in front of it!!

Apparently the Healy in front of it is a limited production model. He says he thinks it is worth $30,000 as it sits! Too rich for my blood.

OP
OP
T

trippin

Loc.
Forney, TX
I was leaning toward offering $3,500 to $4,000 simply because that price would hopefully allow me to get it running and make a few improvements within my budget. Thanks for all the replys!

WheelHorse

Bronco Guru
I'm going to go against the grain here. $3500 in present condition here's why; it doesn't run, needs tires, likely a partial engine overhaul to complete to get it to run, brake lines, fuel system cleaned out, wiring needs a good inspection, dry rot...... It appears to be stock, manual drum brakes, no power steering, D30 front end...

Now IF it ran good, then I'd say it's a $5000-6000 rig.

Nice find by the way.

I'm with you on this one. There's the tank that probably shot (full of rust). All new brakes, lines, hoses if you want to put your family in it, not to mention shoes and cylinders (wheel and master). This isn't bad to do if you know how to bend and properly flare your own lines.

Then there's the springs that have been compressed on certain cylinders for 20 years, not to mention any acid or moisture build up that could have occured while she was sitting.

My last rig was a '73 and a barn find and while the body was 95% there, all sorts of ugly ghosts showed up, so I had to let it go (I was going back to school for my BS degree). However, I had picked it up for 1500 bucks, not 6 grand and easily got my money back out of it. I sold it to my dentist for what I bought it for, and he had it restored and let me and my dad take her for a spin when she was all done.

Mac2Night

Bronco Guru
Looks to be a Stroppe aftermarket roll bar in it that you could sell to fund the purchase price!

LSUpete

Contributor
Bronco Guru
My offer would be 3k.

There are an aweful lot of things that will need to be totally replaced in order for that to be driveable. Trust me, the costs will quickly add up. However, if you're looking to totally restore one, this would be a good candidate....because of the body condition.

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
I'd start at $3,500 myself, sounds reasonable, see what they say.

Cost to get it running, $200 maybe

LSUpete

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I don't want to seem arguementative, but $200 isn't going to come close to getting that thing in driveable condition.

To put that on the street and not be scared to death, you'll need:

• all new steering bushings.
    new fuel lines.
    probably a new fuel tank, but at least a thorough cleaning.
    ALL new brakes for the front and rear.
    probably a new master cylinder.
    a rebuild on that engine because there are going to be multiple issues.
    a rebuild on the carb.
    A thorough wiring inspection and probably new wiring harness.
    new tires.
    new seats or at least new upholstery.

And that is just a quick list.

Like I said, it depends on what you want to do with it, but I think you're looking at 3k worth of work to get it reliable.

IMHO.

67project

I just picked up mine for 6k. Staight as can be with very superficial rust and ok paint, runs well and only needed a water pump and shifter sorted. All said and done to get it running tops i will be in the motor $350. I would say you are looking at more work than that here. I wouldnt go over 4k.

Sounds like this guy is going off of ebay pricing not its been rotting in my barn for 20 years and i want it gone.

30k for the Austin - I will pass.:eek:

66ALRIDE

Contributor
Just BIP It!
Loc.
Dothan, AL
Looks to be a Stroppe aftermarket roll bar in it that you could sell to fund the purchase price!

Looks like orange paint under the hood too...........

I would offer $3500 and go from there. It's going to take some maintenance items to get it road worthy.

OP
OP
T

trippin

Loc.
Forney, TX
He says he accepted an offer of $6,000. I just couldn't pay that considering the possible issues. I would hate to get into it and encounter problems that eat the rest of my budget and still not have it street ready...the search continues.

LSUpete

Contributor
Bronco Guru
He says he accepted an offer of $6,000. I just couldn't pay that considering the possible issues. I would hate to get into it and encounter problems that eat the rest of my budget and still not have it street ready...the search continues.

Sometimes all you can do is walk away.

Status
Not open for further replies.