• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

68 custom in NM: Build Thread *** Lot's O' Photos***

WyleCoyote

Bronco Guru
Man I can tell you are just bumping the gate waiting for it to get back so you can start assembly! Too cool, can't wait till I start re-assembly!

Tito

CB Fire Starter
Loc.
Bakersfield, CA
Looking good! That thing looked pretty abused to begin with, looks like you are bringing some real life back to it. I really like the dash setup. Are you putting vintage air in now or just getting it set for the future?

OP
OP
GraficO

GraficO

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Albuquerque, NM
getting it set for a couple months down the road... the cash flow has been tapped for everything I've done to this point... so the Vintage Air unit will be ready to be received... but prolly not until June-ish.

ghost66

Bronco Guru
Looks like you are having way too much fun Adam, whwn will your dash/console be finished so we can see real pics of the fabrication.

OP
OP
GraficO

GraficO

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Albuquerque, NM
hard to say. The dash is being re-arranged and the A/C ports are being put in. I figure it'll be done in a week or so.... Go Nick!

I have all of my foam board to start the shaping of the R 1/4 speaker boxes and the center console... but without direct access to it I'm having a tough time getting things measured out especially without the dash in there. The 2' insulation foam boards were about $30 each... so I don't want to screw up a bunch before I have things in place... measure 2x and cut once! ;)

Here's the prelims for the console and the sub 1/4 boxes... and the hardtop rail trim. Not exactly to size... but you get the idea.

Attachments

• bronco_insiderail_trim01.jpg
    bronco_insiderail_trim01.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 540
  • subbox_drawings.jpg
    subbox_drawings.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 432
  • ABB_centerside.jpg
    ABB_centerside.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 483
  • ABB_center_top01.jpg
    ABB_center_top01.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 589
OP
OP
GraficO

GraficO

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Albuquerque, NM
well... here we go again. The paint shop told me Monday "We should have some color on it by Friday"... for the 4th week in a row. I went by the shop earlier and most of it is been final sanded... they claim to be doing the top today and getting everything else prepped tomorrow...

I need some good vibes to hopefully get this thing in my shop Friday... send me yer best vibes!!!! This is driving me nutz!

Tito

CB Fire Starter
Loc.
Bakersfield, CA
Just be patient bud and keep your hands busy with what you can. I totally understand what you are going through. It sucks cause you dont want to get mad at the body guy and then him not put the time and effort in that you want and deserve (and pay for).

OP
OP
GraficO

GraficO

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Albuquerque, NM
yeah... I don't want them to rush... but it's been in the shop for almost 6 months. My friend John was supposed to come up this weekend to help me with the wiring... but that's pushed back until sometime next month.

Just gets under my skin that the whole job is paid for, the paint is sitting there and I see several new projects being worked on in the shop.

Additionally, the foam insulation I got for my console and sub box build that I stored at the paint shop was used as a spray backsplash... so 2 pieces of $30 board are melted from the stuff they were spraying... GRRRRR.

cgbexec

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Naples, FL
Sweet! That dash layout is awesome. I am now wishing I had decided to do something like that.

P.S. - Mine has been at the body shop since September I think. I figured that I would have paint on it last Thanksgiving (no such luck). Still not finished even now. I went out to see it this weekend and it is just now ready for paint. The bed liner has been applied inside, under the truck and in the engine compartment. We are now ready for paint on the exterior! I am supposed to pick colors this weekend (two tone paint job).

Chris B.

WyleCoyote

Bronco Guru
Well there's your problem, the job is already paid for, so why should they get it done? If they had to complete it to get paid, it would be first on the list!

They used your foam insulations as spray backsplash? I hope they will replace it!

OP
OP
GraficO

GraficO

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Albuquerque, NM
cgbexec... the dash is changing a little since I screwed up the size of the vents on they layout. I got an email last night showing that the vents were larger than they are on the drawing... so there will have to be some switches shuffled.

I think the lighter will now go in the console and the fog light switch will be a rocker underneath the angled part of the dash somewhere... but lighted when it's on so I can see it if they are on during the day.

OP
OP
GraficO

GraficO

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Albuquerque, NM
Wyle... yeah... I thought about that. I know they are sick of looking at it... or so they say.

Here's some fab photos of the dash and the changes%)

Still can't believe I laid that out wrong.... 1000 lashes with a wet noodle on me.?:?

Attachments

• DSC04525.JPG
    DSC04525.JPG
    60.6 KB · Views: 367
  • DSC04526.JPG
    DSC04526.JPG
    61.4 KB · Views: 354
  • DSC04547.JPG
    DSC04547.JPG
    61.5 KB · Views: 438
  • DSC04548.JPG
    DSC04548.JPG
    59.7 KB · Views: 425
OP
OP
GraficO

GraficO

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Albuquerque, NM
OK... progress. The top got painted and cleared this afternoon. They will paint the fender flares tomorrow morning and start prepping for paint on the body. Might even get it all painted by tomorrow afternoon.
Cross your fingers and anything else you can cross ;)

ghost66

Bronco Guru
Wyle... yeah... I thought about that. I know they are sick of looking at it... or so they say.

Here's some fab photos of the dash and the changes%)

Still can't believe I laid that out wrong.... 1000 lashes with a wet noodle on me.?:?
Adam, I thought you were going with a new replacement dash from BC Broncos and not redoing your dash? Did you run out of time waiting I spoke to them last week and they were not ready for shipping yet, I couldn't wait any longer and bought a Terra Comp dash for my project, would've rather installed a new steel replacement.