• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

68 custom in NM: Build Thread *** Lot's O' Photos***

ghost66

Bronco Guru
Well there's your problem, the job is already paid for, so why should they get it done? If they had to complete it to get paid, it would be first on the list!

They used your foam insulations as spray backsplash? I hope they will replace it!
Yea, the best way to deal with these guys is 1st give them enough money to buy materials, second give them 20% of the build estimate, when all the body work and primer is applied get them up to 70% of their estimate and hold the rest until the job is complete. Otherwise they may not put as much love and care into your build and may cut corners to get it out of the shop.
He who holds the cash controls the situation, I think you are too nice of a guy Adam I hope they treat you right and your finished 68 looks like a million bucks.

OP
OP
GraficO

GraficO

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Albuquerque, NM
My plan was to do the BC one... but because of the time factor (assumed), that I got the opportunity to work with a master high-end Bronco builder and that I have 3 original dashes littering up the place... I chose to do a custom one.

So the best of my factory dashes is being meticulously cut apart and re-welded together in the configuration I want using stock holes, glovebox bends, etc.;D

I am sure that BCB dashes with all the bugs out of the production will be stellar. Chuck said he keeps sending em back until they get them right. Great people over there. I can appreciate them getting it perfect... just it didn't fit with the schedule.:(

Here's the updated dash layout... after having to move some things around

Attachments

• Bronco_dash_326edit.jpg
    Bronco_dash_326edit.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 669
OP
OP
GraficO

GraficO

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Albuquerque, NM
as far as paint/body people... this is all new to me so I have to chalk it up to a learning experience there. They will get it done right... X-ed fingers.

Yes they are going to replace 1 panel of the foam too... so at least they have the integrity to make that part right

OP
OP
GraficO

GraficO

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Albuquerque, NM
ThanX so much to all of you that sent good vibes over!

WE GOT PAINT TODAY!!!!;D

Sealer photos:

Attachments

• IMG_0173.jpg
    IMG_0173.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 151
  • IMG_0169.jpg
    IMG_0169.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 143
  • IMG_0177.jpg
    IMG_0177.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 125
  • IMG_0179.jpg
    IMG_0179.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 132
  • IMG_0175.jpg
    IMG_0175.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 178
  • IMG_0174.jpg
    IMG_0174.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 165
  • IMG_0172.jpg
    IMG_0172.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 157
  • IMG_0170.jpg
    IMG_0170.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 177

WyleCoyote

Bronco Guru
SuhWeet!!

I saw the post, and was like..I hope he's saying he got his paint...

Now the real fun can begin

OP
OP
GraficO

GraficO

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Albuquerque, NM
IT'S BLUE!!!!:eek:

Attachments

• IMG_0212.jpg
    IMG_0212.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 165
  • IMG_0209.jpg
    IMG_0209.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 115
  • IMG_0208.jpg
    IMG_0208.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 117
  • IMG_0202.jpg
    IMG_0202.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 81
  • IMG_0196.jpg
    IMG_0196.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 144
  • IMG_0193.jpg
    IMG_0193.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 86
  • IMG_0191.jpg
    IMG_0191.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 137
  • IMG_0190.jpg
    IMG_0190.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 110

Ohio Bronco 21

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Cleveland
I cant wait to see it in color. looking like you have a great plan comming together
wow,, i just posted this and my computer had not loaded the color pics. That blue looks great.

Tito

CB Fire Starter
Loc.
Bakersfield, CA
Hey Adam, are the top and flares going to be white?

Looks like a real nice metal flake to it, very nice, its going to really shine out in the sun ;D ;D

Congrats, I am sure it is a load off your mind to see this progress and be so close to reassembly!!!!

OP
OP
GraficO

GraficO

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Albuquerque, NM
yep... "pepsi white" flares all around and a Pepsi top (which looks killer BTW).

When they shot the first bit of blue I thought it looked purple. After a few coats (4) and then 4 coats of clear, the blue metallic really took over. I'm excited to see it in the daylight! It's the same color as the Mazda 3 & 6... so it's very bright and deep... almost like cobalt antique glass.

I haven't named her yet... but "it" is coming home tomorrow to a clean garage just for her...

Any suggestions on names?

Tito

CB Fire Starter
Loc.
Bakersfield, CA
yep... "pepsi white" flares all around and a Pepsi top (which looks killer BTW).

When they shot the first bit of blue I thought it looked purple. After a few coats (4) and then 4 coats of clear, the blue metallic really took over. I'm excited to see it in the daylight! It's the same color as the Mazda 3 & 6... so it's very bright and deep... almost like cobalt antique glass.

I haven't named her yet... but "it" is coming home tomorrow to a clean garage just for her...

Any suggestions on names?

I was wondering if it was similar to the Mazda. The metallic red they use on the 3's is my favorite red, the metallic they used in their formula was super thick!

Apparently it is the Pepsi Mobile ;D

BALCH-Autoworx

I really like your dash layout and I am anxious to see it completed . . . I can only imagine how you feel.

Who is doing the paint work? I used to live in Albuquerque.

OP
OP
GraficO

GraficO

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Albuquerque, NM
Thanx for the kudos on the dash. I'm pretty excited to get all of the switches in the finished piece. Nick is doing an amazing job with it. Couldn't ask for more.

The shop is Best Image on Central east of Coors... mostly fender-bender fixes... but there is 57 Chevy in there now and an early Charger that are being restored now...

Well... so far I have doors, hood, tire rack and a tailgate here in my garage... the chassis is going to be delivered by flatbed in about an hour.

There are some touch-ups that have to be done on the front fenders so those will arrive later this afternoon.

As much as I want to start assembling it... I'll have to wait for a couple days for the paint to cure a bit.

But hey... I can start cutting the foam pieces to fit for the console and the sub boxes in the meantime.

The color looks awesome in the sunlight... might be slightly too purple.... but it's growing on me.

OP
OP
GraficO

GraficO

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Albuquerque, NM
she's in there... barely.

There's about 6" on one side and 18" on the other. She fits fine front to back... it's gonna be a tight build.

The hood, tailgate, doors and the tire rack are in the living room right now... the girl loved that idea when she got home from work ;)

Attachments

• IMG_0016.jpg
    IMG_0016.jpg
    111.7 KB · Views: 368
  • IMG_0012.jpg
    IMG_0012.jpg
    143.1 KB · Views: 401
  • IMG_0009.jpg
    IMG_0009.jpg
    119.8 KB · Views: 404
  • IMG_0008.jpg
    IMG_0008.jpg
    138.8 KB · Views: 410
  • IMG_0004.jpg
    IMG_0004.jpg
    186.6 KB · Views: 525
  • IMG_0020.jpg
    IMG_0020.jpg
    116.3 KB · Views: 341

ghost66

Bronco Guru
Wow, looks like and you buds are going to be busy this weekend, how did it go explaining to your girl about the temporary staging area right next to the sofa? Adam, good luck with everything and make sure you lock the garage door.

73ny

Bronco Guru
Loc.
New York
Looks awesome, nice color!

Also, it looks like you might have more room to work if you parked it like the bike in front of the lolly-column from left to right.
Good luck, more pics.

Last edited:

73AnneBoleyn

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Charlotte, NC
hmmm...names...smurf? :cool: hey, it's the best i could come up with on short notice!:)
btw: the speedo is absolutely badass! lookin' great!