• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

68 custom in NM: Build Thread *** Lot's O' Photos***

OP
OP
GraficO

GraficO

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Albuquerque, NM
thanX Therd! It's getting there... slowly. Gotta bring home the bacon and it'll get finished up and I'll post more photos. Thanks to Craig and Newell fro spending some time getting me some Dana30 shims. :)

OP
OP
GraficO

GraficO

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Albuquerque, NM
couple of new ones...;D

Might hear an engine tomorrow...:cool:

Attachments

• axel_wr01.jpg
    axel_wr01.jpg
    175.7 KB · Views: 203
  • axel_wr02.jpg
    axel_wr02.jpg
    182.5 KB · Views: 145
OP
OP
GraficO

GraficO

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Albuquerque, NM
well... it's been a couple weeks since I've been able to do anything. My real job, my wedding and some out-of-the-blue-weirdness has gotten in the way.

I'm hoping to make some progress when things slow down a bit. Keep checking for updates.... and throw a little good vibes this way so the WORK gods give me a break ;)

OP
OP
GraficO

GraficO

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Albuquerque, NM
WORD TO THE WISE.....
Lock yer sh&$ down!

Some friggin asshole stole both back wheels off of my Avalanche last night.

I realize that economic times are tough... but if ya need something... ask... don't take.

Believe me... if I somehow figure out who did this.. I believe in the middle eastern approach to thieves... hammer both hands into pulp so they can't steal again. Locked and loaded...

Friggin pissed!!!! Sorry... venting.:mad:

OP
OP
GraficO

GraficO

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Albuquerque, NM
P_R_O_G_R_E_S_S
Billet plug wire looms installed.;D Nice that they match the valve covers ;)

VERY CLEAN INSTALL. Made 2" standoffs to bring the wires and loom up off the headers...

Hoping that some movement can be made on this... just bogged for time %)

Attachments

• plugwires_WR.jpg
    plugwires_WR.jpg
    252.5 KB · Views: 250
Last edited:
OP
OP
GraficO

GraficO

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Albuquerque, NM
Here are some similar ones

The ones I got were from a local performance shop but look to be the exact same thing. Each side is a clamshell that bolt together. The standoffs are adjustable side to side and just bolt to two of the valve cover bolts.

I thought they put the looms too close to the headers so I took 3/8" I.D. tubing and some longer cover bolts and raised them up and away from the headers about 2"... makes those wires look really clean ;)

I have 11mm wires... but most of these looms are fitted for 8mm or 9mm.... I lucked out when these accepted the 11s... fairly rare. I thought I might have to mill them to fit the bigger wires but they were just right!

Here are a set just like mine on ebay

Last edited:
OP
OP
GraficO

GraficO

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Albuquerque, NM
FYI... apparently Lee actually bolted the front end and the A/C condenser in this past week... maybe some more progress will be made this week. ?!?

Still have a fan/radiator/fan shroud issue that needs to be dealt with....

we shall see.

OP
OP
GraficO

GraficO

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Albuquerque, NM
couple updated pics...

Axle is under the truck now and the brake lines have been routed so they don't bunch up when turning.

The other pic is the fan spacing. There is only 1/8" between the fan blade and the tip of the AC compressor cap.... WHEW!

little things that Lee has been able to do in his free time. %)

Attachments

• IMG00094x.jpg
    IMG00094x.jpg
    200.2 KB · Views: 239
  • IMG00095x.jpg
    IMG00095x.jpg
    164.8 KB · Views: 253
OP
OP
GraficO

GraficO

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Albuquerque, NM
Well... I ended up spending some cashola on good fittings and hose

All AC, heat, vacuum and washer lines are now stainless braid with stainless AN fittings.

The parts to put back into the truck pile is dwindling :)

Attachments

• IMG_0161_WR.jpg
    IMG_0161_WR.jpg
    146.4 KB · Views: 146
  • IMG_0160_WR.jpg
    IMG_0160_WR.jpg
    168 KB · Views: 163
  • IMG_0159_WR.jpg
    IMG_0159_WR.jpg
    167.3 KB · Views: 147
  • IMG_0158_WR.jpg
    IMG_0158_WR.jpg
    170.8 KB · Views: 146
  • IMG_0153_WR.jpg
    IMG_0153_WR.jpg
    132 KB · Views: 103
  • IMG_0152_WR.jpg
    IMG_0152_WR.jpg
    161.3 KB · Views: 122
  • IMG_0151_WR.jpg
    IMG_0151_WR.jpg
    187.6 KB · Views: 129
  • IMG_0162a_WR.jpg
    IMG_0162a_WR.jpg
    155.8 KB · Views: 162

KANE

Loc.
Pembroke, MA.
Grafico - Just went to your build for some more inspiration for my own interior....Awesome work!!!! Can't wait to see that console complete. All your work is done tastefully and precise....gets me motivated to do some more work!

Keep up the good work!