• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

68 custom in NM: Build Thread *** Lot's O' Photos***

OP
OP
GraficO

GraficO

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Albuquerque, NM
grafico

u ever get those dash mounted twin sticks installed. anxious to see that mod

I figured out a much easier and smoother way to do it... I'm going to use the control cables I already have and do it in reverse... so I can use the space and the mounting bolts on the backside of the t-case and then run the cable to a handle similar to a e-brake levers next to the driver's seat. Prolly going to use a couple Lokar ones and modify them a bit for what I want to do. The cables will have much less friction and smoother bends this way so that should translate into an easier shift

The under dash thing is a cool deal but with my long legs and the amount of stuff I have behind the dash I think it's going to be more ergonomic to have it beside the driver seat.

That's a bit down the road though... I need to turn a key before I do that mod. I'm just going to leave the t-case in 2 HI and be able to drive it while I do everything else... then I'll tackle that modification.

Crush

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Greenbottom, WV
Sounds interesting. Will u be monting those controls ontop of
ur console? Oh did u get my I'm?
Crush

OP
OP
GraficO

GraficO

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Albuquerque, NM
ok...some progress and a good solution to putting vents in the filler necks from BAT :)

Sorry for the photo quality... I forgot the camera battery and took them with my cell :-X

BTW these particular filler caps have 6 holes.... 3 of them line up with the original stock filler neck holes. I ordered them specifically so that the main and the reserve caps have the same key...

Attachments

• IMG00015.jpg
    IMG00015.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 122
  • IMG00016.jpg
    IMG00016.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 125
  • IMG00017.jpg
    IMG00017.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 125
  • IMG00018.jpg
    IMG00018.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 153
OP
OP
GraficO

GraficO

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Albuquerque, NM
thanX... I just went over it and over it in my head deciding what the most efficient and sano way would be to do it... I just didn't want gas burping out at me every time and also not having to sit there and drizzle it in every time I had to fill up.

at the very least... it's progress !!!! :)

Fun part was assembling it back on the truck...
- Filler in hole
- top socket screws in first
- put in L fitting w locking aluminum epoxy
- put in the rest of the screws
- wait for the epoxy to harden fully
- locktite the hose barb into the fitting
- repeat

The tubing on these is going to be stainless braided fuel hose with the show aluminum end fittings to go over the hose clamps...

Next is to wire and plumb the fuel switch and pumps...

OP
OP
GraficO

GraficO

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Albuquerque, NM
ok...small update:
Fuel Fillers plumbed. The rear disk brake kit arrives Wednesday... so total rebuild of the rear axle which allows for the entire brake system to be plumbed and installed.

SUPPOSEDLY... the engine/AC/heat will be plumbed this week. Ordered the new steering rack so if all goes well... she'll be ready to turn a key and go to the alignment shop/muffler shop in 2 weeks.

Attachments

• bronc_filler01.jpg
    bronc_filler01.jpg
    237.2 KB · Views: 157
  • bronc_filler02.jpg
    bronc_filler02.jpg
    240 KB · Views: 195
  • bronc_filler03.jpg
    bronc_filler03.jpg
    193.2 KB · Views: 131
  • bronc_filler04.jpg
    bronc_filler04.jpg
    223.8 KB · Views: 142

nrramse

Looking good Adam! I feel really lucky to get to see this truck in person. What exhaust are you going to go with?

Newell

OP
OP
GraficO

GraficO

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Albuquerque, NM
thanX Newell... I have decided to go with dual Magnaflows. I had been thinking about a 2 into 1 setup... but I've since been convinced that the Dual setup will be a better sound

Devin

Bronco Kineticist
Nice to see progess, Adam. There for a bit I actually thought I might turn the key before you did. ;)