• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

69 Build Up Progress F150 axles out Dana 60's going in updated pics 9/25/05

OP
OP
Tgure

Tgure

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Phoenix
bluebroncodrive said:
I got a question how are you connecting the bike fuel doors to the fuel tank. any pics?
Thanks

Because I moved the fuel doors out further than stock I have some fabbing to do to the tub to make room for the filler necks, then once the tub is back on the frame I will then figure out what I will use to connect to the tanks. I will update pics of that once I get it done, but it will be some time before I get to that part. I needed to get the tank bungs welded in before painting etc. ;D

OP
OP
Tgure

Tgure

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Phoenix
Well being laid off has put a wrench in the bronco build. So things been pretty much on hold. I do have an interview tomorrow so after 2 months of being out of work and 200+ resumes maybe I can land a job. :p

Anyway I sold my full width big bearing 9" and HPD44 so I could buy a rear 60 and a front HPD44HD to swap into my F250 so I could pull the HP60 out of it.

Well in AZ 4x4 axles are rare and expensive so after looking for several weeks I finally found a set for the reasonable price of $796 :'( . So yesterday afternoon I pulled the 60 out and put the HD 44 in the F250 and then today started cleaning up the rear 60 and cutting off the shock mounts and 5/8" thick spring perches :eek: so I can weld on new spring perches to bolt into the bronco.

Should be able to mock up the rear and weld on the perches tomorrow and just waiting for radius arm wedges to arrive for the front then I can get that mocked up and welded. Man it feels like I just did all this not to long ago %) . Oh well now I will have a pretty beefy drivetrain. ;D

Attachments

• DCP01305.JPG
    DCP01305.JPG
    122.4 KB · Views: 35
  • DCP01306.JPG
    DCP01306.JPG
    67.5 KB · Views: 21
  • DCP01312.JPG
    DCP01312.JPG
    103 KB · Views: 30

crawln68

Bronco Guru
Glad you finally found some axles for the F-250. I know you said that you are waiting to receive the new wedges so you can start grinding, but have you given any thought to building a 3 or 4 link front suspension? After I did all of that grinding on my wedges and fabbing, I wish that I had done a 3 or 4 link instead. I think it would have been less work with better results. Just a thought. ;D

OP
OP
Tgure

Tgure

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Phoenix
crawln68 said:
Glad you finally found some axles for the F-250. I know you said that you are waiting to receive the new wedges so you can start grinding, but have you given any thought to building a 3 or 4 link front suspension? After I did all of that grinding on my wedges and fabbing, I wish that I had done a 3 or 4 link instead. I think it would have been less work with better results. Just a thought. ;D

Well I thought about it but I already have the Cage arms so thought I would just use them and I am not sure a 3 or 4 link would give me any additional benefit. But who knows I may start all over again the way things are going so far :p