• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

70 Bronco build up(lot of pics)

Mark

Contributor
Bronco Klutz
Loc.
NW Indiana
broncoman,
I'm glad you're bringing that Bronco back from the brink! Good work on the floors! As far as the frame (steering box section), are you going to box that in, or cut it out completely and weld in a section from a donor?
Hey is that a Metabo brand grinder? I have a Metabo. I refer to it as my 2nd saviour!
Keep up the good work! I know it's time consuming, any burnout?

OP
OP
Broncoman

Broncoman

Bronco Guru
Mark Troy said:
broncoman,
I'm glad you're bringing that Bronco back from the brink! Good work on the floors! As far as the frame (steering box section), are you going to box that in, or cut it out completely and weld in a section from a donor?
Hey is that a Metabo brand grinder? I have a Metabo. I refer to it as my 2nd saviour!
Keep up the good work! I know it's time consuming, any burnout?

The easiest would be weld in a section from a donor but I don't have one. If anyone has a frame they would cut up pm me. Otherwise I will just have patch this one. Either way when it is finished it will be strong. I am not going to cheap out there.

As for the grinder Its a craftsman. I am not sure who makes it for them though

ChappDogg

Loc.
Fargo for now
Measurement Question

Broncoman,
Nice job on your Bronco! Do you have any measurements of the work you have done so far. I'm replacing my floor, L&R kick panels, L&R inner rockers, L&R door post, Cowl Assy, and L&R inner fender aprons. The front clip on mine is a makeshift one and I would like to return it to true form.

ChappDogg

OP
OP
Broncoman

Broncoman

Bronco Guru
Mark Troy said:

Thanks for the heads up. I pm'ed him and now I am waiting on pics from him to decide if i want it.

ChappDogg said:
Broncoman,
Nice job on your Bronco! Do you have any measurements of the work you have done so far. I'm replacing my floor, L&R kick panels, L&R inner rockers, L&R door post, Cowl Assy, and L&R inner fender aprons. The front clip on mine is a makeshift one and I would like to return it to true form.

ChappDogg

Here is a pic that might help. It came from 2Bad.

From A to B is 4 inches

From B to C is 39 inches

From B to D is 25 inches

From B to E is 22 5/16

From F to G is 13 1/2 ( G ) is bottom dash mount hole on inside

*The small pic in corner is where the tab welds to the post where dash bolts to ... It is 23 3/16 from center of rectangle hole to floor pan*
* Note - B - is the top fender bolt hole in post *

F - is the floor pan itself

C - is the edge of quarter panel

Attachments

• 582605_15_full.jpg
    582605_15_full.jpg
    15 KB · Views: 38
Last edited:

ChappDogg

Loc.
Fargo for now
Measurements

Thanks For The Measurements. These Will Help A Lot! I Also Have A Front Half Frame That Is Under A Bunch Of Parts In My Garage. If The Other Frame Is Not What You're Looking For I'll Move The Pile And Send You Some Picture Of Mine.

Chappdogg

OP
OP
Broncoman

Broncoman

Bronco Guru
ChappDogg said:
Thanks For The Measurements. These Will Help A Lot! I Also Have A Front Half Frame That Is Under A Bunch Of Parts In My Garage. If The Other Frame Is Not What You're Looking For I'll Move The Pile And Send You Some Picture Of Mine.

Chappdogg

The other frame didn't work out so some pics would be great. When you get time. With my broken ankle I can't really do much work now anyway.

OP
OP
Broncoman

Broncoman

Bronco Guru
The night before my wreck I was installing some new rear springs. This was the first time I had the tires off the rear. When I pulled the drivers side drum there wasn't anything inside except the wheel cylinder. :eek: On the passenger side the front shoe along with a few other parts fell out when I pulled the drum off. :eek:

It only had front brakes!!! :eek:

Attachments

• DSC01574 (Medium).JPG
    DSC01574 (Medium).JPG
    53.7 KB · Views: 24
  • DSC01575 (Medium).JPG
    DSC01575 (Medium).JPG
    72.6 KB · Views: 22

ChappDogg

Loc.
Fargo for now
frame pictures

broncoman said:
The other frame didn't work out so some pics would be great. When you get time. With my broken ankle I can't really do much work now anyway.
Broncoman,
Give me a few weeks things are crazy right now and I'll send you some pictures.

ChappDogg