• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

72 Dash

bigdaddyof4

Loc.
Vincennes, IN
Can anyone show me what and where everything goes on the dash of a 72 wagon? My wife finally sent me pictures of the Bronco I bought and things just dont look right. I am trying to get all the information I need together so when I return home I can jump right in and take care of some things. Any and all help is appreciated.

tinytim02

Contributor
Check out this diagram, you'll notice there are several things that are '72 only.

I have an original '72 in the garage, I can get a picture of the dash when I get home from work this afternoon.

Tim

Attachments

• Dashlayoutonly.jpg
    Dashlayoutonly.jpg
    162.6 KB · Views: 119

half cab

Contributor
Guru Bronco
What don't look righ about yours? can you post up pix?

OP
OP
bigdaddyof4

bigdaddyof4

Loc.
Vincennes, IN
I can now see the ignition switch is in the wrong place. I know what the extra hole left of steering is for and what the other empty spots are. My pix sent by my wife are sub par so I will post pix when I get home.

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Lots of dashes have been swapped out for others over the years in EB's. For one reason or the other.
And even some VIN's have been altered and sold as one year, when it really started out as another year Bronco.

Hard to tell sometimes.

Paul

Viperwolf1

Contributor
electron whisperer
Lots of dashes have been swapped out for others over the years in EB's. For one reason or the other.
And even some VIN's have been altered and sold as one year, when it really started out as another year Bronco.

Hard to tell sometimes.

Paul

Every removed dash I've seen has the last 3-4 digits of the VIN hand written on the back.

tinytim02

Contributor
Here's a pic of my '72 dash. I am the second owner of this Bronco, and I am pretty sure the dash is all original. My bronco has a January '72 build date.

Looking at the diagram I posted above, my dash does not have any of the '72 specific layout. Its setup like the '68-'71.

Sorry that really doesn't help with your original question.

Attachments

• DSCN0240 copy.jpg
    DSCN0240 copy.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 73

half cab

Contributor
Guru Bronco
Here's a pic of my '72 dash. I am the second owner of this Bronco, and I am pretty sure the dash is all original. My bronco has a January '72 build date.

Looking at the diagram I posted above, my dash does not have any of the '72 specific layout. Its setup like the '68-'71.

Sorry that really doesn't help with your original question.

That diagram does have some issues.

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Unless someone just changed the diagram though, it does say "68 to '72" not '71.
And all of my experiences with '72's were that they were the same as the '71's I know of. Except for perhaps some very late '72's which would have been part of that transition to the '73 style?

Paul

House

Contributor
Minutia Militia
My old 1972 (9/71 Built) dash layout was the same as Tiny Tims shown above.

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Gotcha. Missed that. Guess it's just one more bit of info we're going to have to muddy up Viper's "P's & Q's" thread with! %)

Paul