• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

72 Stroppe - 2 year surgery

OP
OP
rmiller747

rmiller747

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Highland, Mi
Cibie lights mounted and wired. Spare tank plumbed, tire carrier on, cage mounted and other little bits. Still have to mount the winch controls and plumb the 3rd gas tank and some little stuff. Driving it as I go now. Runs nice and get more looks in this than any other bronco I have. People seem to love the colors even though most have no clue why what it is. On the way home today someone called it a Scout :)

Most of the painter stuff is fixed. I'm over him and on to my next painter. Obviously missing the fender Welting still. I'm going to leave it as is for now. Enjoying it.

bupyrene.jpg
magu9ata.jpg
u8udumyz.jpg
tamuga5u.jpg

fordfan

Bronco Guru
This is B E A U T I F U L, Rich! I like everything about it! I like it without the welt behind the flares, the cobra jet scoop, winch....I dig the period correctness of everything!

OP
OP
rmiller747

rmiller747

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Highland, Mi
This is B E A U T I F U L, Rich! I like everything about it! I like it without the welt behind the flares, the cobra jet scoop, winch....I dig the period correctness of everything!

Thx. That was my goal. Make this one like I would have ordered it back in 72. The winch, hood scoop, floor shifter, etc. tried to keep it period correct as possible.

Later

Rich

Eastwood

Great job Rich! That vinyl mat from my 77' looks great in there. I'm glad it found a good home where it can be appreciated.

clarrance

Bronco Guru
Another awesome job. It looks great Rich. I still don't know how you can turn them out sooo quick though.

Rustytruck

Bronco Guru
It looks great. I like the painted flairs better without the fender welting. The welting was only there to cover the old style shoddy trimmed fiberglass flairs where the sides were trimmed and had no gel-coat and with the rough back and inconsistent thickness it covered up the gaps.

OP
OP
rmiller747

rmiller747

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Highland, Mi
It looks great. I like the painted flairs better without the fender welting. The welting was only there to cover the old style shoddy trimmed fiberglass flairs where the sides were trimmed and had no gel-coat and with the rough back and inconsistent thickness it covered up the gaps.

Thx. The flares do fit perfect with no gaps. Don't get in the ebay when polishing/waxing either :cool:;D

Bajabrewer

Contributor
Bronco Guru
That Baja looks fantastic! Can't wait to see it in person. Lets hope for good weather on the 31st.

OP
OP
rmiller747

rmiller747

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Highland, Mi
Baja is safe at its new home. Its journey with me has come to and end:cry:

Cool that it is stored away in this awesome collection. Is in great hands and will be appreciated. Probably wont be driven but 50 miles over the next 10 years but sure looks good in this private collection.:cool:

Just wanted to post these pictures as i was like a kid in a candy store in this place. Awesome is all i can say...

Attachments

• IMG_00955.jpg
    IMG_00955.jpg
    109.5 KB · Views: 122
  • IMG_00959.jpg
    IMG_00959.jpg
    144.2 KB · Views: 114
  • IMG_00961.jpg
    IMG_00961.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 110
  • IMG_00962.jpg
    IMG_00962.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 110
  • IMG_00968.jpg
    IMG_00968.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 151
  • IMG_00971.jpg
    IMG_00971.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 184
  • IMG_00977.jpg
    IMG_00977.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 129

TX SS

Contributor
Loc.
Houston
Condolences and congratulations. That is a great home for it and I see at least one more bronco in there. Are the floors repurposed bowling lanes?

Unknown

Contributor
Contrats, you did a great job on her. What's next at the Miller garage, the halfcab?