• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

75 bronco northland special(Radiator)

tbuhrman67

Loc.
Council Bluffs IA
Do you guys know anything heavy duty radiator from a 75 bronco northland special? Because I dont, and a guy wants to trade me one, is it a good one do you know where i can get the information.

TIm and his overheating 67.

70_Steve

Old Guy
Do you guys know anything heavy duty radiator from a 75 bronco northland special? Because I dont, and a guy wants to trade me one, is it a good one do you know where i can get the information.

TIm and his overheating 67.
From Blue Oval Truck Parts:

Key Information 1973-79
1975:No exterior styling changes were made, but some interior trim and upholstery changes were made. The F150 was introduced with a GVW rating of 6,050lb. It came with heavier springs and axles. Packages available; Northland Special, Ranger and Ranger XLT.

Some more information on Google shows that the Northland Special package included a block heater, 50-50 antifreeze coolant, 70 amp-hr battery, 55 amp alternator, and a limited-slip rear axle. Does not say anything about a special radiator.

Viperwolf1

Contributor
electron whisperer
As far as I have seen there were 6 cyl radiators and 8 cyl radiators. The only other difference was the integral auto trans cooler in the later years. I don't think ford had a "HD" radiator option because there was no room for it.

broncnaz

Bronco Guru
I also doubt the HD radiator I've seen it mentioned but never seen any differances in any of the radiators even the manual and auto radiators are pretty much the same except for the tranny cooler. Block heater bigger batt and alt are about all the northland specail package was as far as I can tell. Basically I doubt your going to improve cooling just by trading for this radiator If your current radiator has been flushed recently and is in good condition you have other problems causing the overheating.

thesnake

Bronco Guru
Actually, if you look at the back of the 1975 sales brochure, they mention the Northland Special package and they list a hd or extra cooling radiator. I can't remember how this was worded exactly. It's also mentioned in a encylopedia of 4x4's I have somewhere.

John

old bronco

I looked at a brochure a bit ago online for 1975. I am SO wrong on that. It wasn't a heavy duty radiator, it was the anti-freeze. I don't know where I got that it was a heavy duty radiator.