• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

A/c question

deltarat

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Drew,Ms
I have not had those problems with my system. Only the one with theevap freezing. The coldest air at the outlet is when the fan is on low because the air has longer contect with the coil. BY the way the new VA A/C is out now. And we are now selling both units:).

I do want everyone to know that I am not bashing Chuck's system. I think it is well thought out. I am sure it is my fault that it is not cooling right. I just can't figure it out.
The closest VA dealer is over 100 miles from me, but I am about ready to carry it there and let them fix it.

patkelley

Loc.
Marietta
I agree that the coldest temps will be with the fan on low, but if the expansion valve freezes when the air temp is 60 deg., the only hope is to run the fan at higher speeds to maybe keep the expansion valve 'warmer' and let the refrigerant continue to flow. When the exp valve freezes, the low side goes from ~15psi to zero (it can even go to a vacuum) and cooling action obviously stops when no refrigerant is flowing.

I have not had those problems with my system. Only the one with theevap freezing. The coldest air at the outlet is when the fan is on low because the air has longer contect with the coil. BY the way the new VA A/C is out now. And we are now selling both units:).