• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

A warning to all new Bronco Owners...

BluebroncoNC

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Asheville, NC
Picked up a 2021 2 door Big Bend Bronco last Thursday. Wouldn't have but they gave me an absolute ridiculous offer on my Ford Focus RS to make up for the absolute ridiculous amount they wanted for the 2021 bronco with 500 miles on it. Also, they tossed in a bunch of aftermarket bits.. Warn Winch mounted, Yakima roof rack system, the center consul safe, couple of Ford Performance off road lights in Cyber Orange.

Edit: Wanted to mention, if you have not driven one, how odd it is to drive a vehicle with the same feel (if this is the right word) of my '77. It was really bugging me in a very good way on how the driving experience felt so similar. Ford really got the essence correct in my book. Hard top has no rattles (knock on wood), plenty of pep in the 2.3 though am looking at the upcoming Ford Performance tune.

Last edited:
OP
OP
BluebroncoNC

BluebroncoNC

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Asheville, NC
Your a lucky man to eve find one right now. There are none in stock at the 3 dealers near me.
My ford dealership has 4 used Bronco's on the lot, well, 3 now. This was the only 2 door, the only truck I would have considered.

So yes, I consider myself very lucky.

Last edited:

daddycreswell

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Lebanon, TN
Picked up a 2021 2 door Big Bend Bronco last Thursday. Wouldn't have but they gave me an absolute ridiculous offer on my Ford Focus RS to make up for the absolute ridiculous amount they wanted for the 2021 bronco with 500 miles on it. Also, they tossed in a bunch of aftermarket bits.. Warn Winch mounted, Yakima roof rack system, the center consul safe, couple of Ford Performance off road lights in Cyber Orange.

Edit: Wanted to mention, if you have not driven one, how odd it is to drive a vehicle with the same feel (if this is the right word) of my '77. It was really bugging me in a very good way on how the driving experience felt so similar. Ford really got the essence correct in my book. Hard top has no rattles (knock on wood), plenty of pep in the 2.3 though am looking at the upcoming Ford Performance tune.
I thought the exact same thing about my 22 when I drove it for the 1st time. I was surprised as to how much it felt like an EB, smile per hour are definitely there. It's like an old friend who has a make over. I knew it was true when I pulled up to a stop light and had to lean over to see when it turned green, just like I do in the 73. It has actually made me want to drive my EB even more. 20220121_142618.jpg 20220302_073850.jpg

BRONCOchild2.0

Loc.
SoCal
Elephant in the room, but how much was the total transaction? Trade in deal? Bronco cost?

Or, is this one of those questions that falls under "Don't ask her age...her weight....are you pregnant" category?!?!

OP
OP
BluebroncoNC

BluebroncoNC

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Asheville, NC
Congratulations. BTW, hate to be the grammar police, but it is glutton. Gluten is: the tough, viscid, nitrogenous substance remaining when the flour of wheat or other grain is washed to remove the starch.
No worries, though I look more Gluten than Glutton, but something tells me I got to looking Gluten because of Glutton.

OP
OP
BluebroncoNC

BluebroncoNC

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Asheville, NC
Elephant in the room, but how much was the total transaction? Trade in deal? Bronco cost?

Or, is this one of those questions that falls under "Don't ask her age...her weight....are you pregnant" category?!?!
They wanted 20 over sticker, but had added 5k in options (as I noted). They gave me 10k more than what my car was worth, so I figured I came out paying about 5k over. I'm still shocked at what they gave me for my 2017 Ford Focus RS which I purchased from them new.

OP
OP
BluebroncoNC

BluebroncoNC

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Asheville, NC
Started modifications as it was a pretty basic big bend. Have a 2" lift coming, new speakers, mud flaps, 35" tires on 17" wheels (Method Racing 701"s), and since the truck is Orange, Orange stickers to replace the out of place blue trim pieces in the interior.

daddycreswell

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Lebanon, TN
Started modifications as it was a pretty basic big bend. Have a 2" lift coming, new speakers, mud flaps, 35" tires on 17" wheels (Method Racing 701"s), and since the truck is Orange, Orange stickers to replace the out of place blue trim pieces in the interior.
The interior accent colors are strange to me, I have a cactus grey, with light brown or grey and black seats and dash. Then there is the blue accents because it's a Wildtrak.

OP
OP
BluebroncoNC

BluebroncoNC

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Asheville, NC
Put on the mrt exhaust, axel back yesterday. It is a tad more noticeable ie. louder, but before I put it on I ran the 2.3 straight pipe for a few and it wasn't that loud either. The MRT does have a nice rumble and certainly enhances the driving experience.

OP
OP
BluebroncoNC

BluebroncoNC

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Asheville, NC
As the fates would have it, Monday I was rear ended in my 2021 Ford Bronco 2dr. I was sitting in a turn lane and from what I, and the police could gather, was struck in the rear by a Toyota Camry doing 45 mph. The impact obviously bent the frame (amend this statement to say, the Ford Receiver hitch assembly was pushed in, pulling both the left and right rear frame rails inwards), destroyed the rear swing door and the front drivers seat... But here is the warning. Seat belt system didn't stop me from being propelled into the front steering wheel with my face. My forehead hit the top of the steering wheel and my nose impacted the center horn. Obviously, air bags do not deploy on a rear end collision but I wasn't expecting the seat belt, shoulder harness to not work out. CT scan was clear, but I am having mild concussion symptoms and well, feel like someone worked me over with a bat. I looked on line and sure enough, the insurance industry didn't particularly care for how the Bronco handles rear impact collisions.

On a side note, of course the driver of the Toyota wasn't insured, didn't have a drivers license (oddly enough, police let him walk, don't even know how they cited him without knowing his name? I heard the officer ask him 5-6 times for his name which he eventually gave a name. Googled owner, looks like her boyfriend (who drove the vehicle) has a different name, how odd.

Other point of interest, no fixing a frame unless slightly damaged, have to replace the entire frame. Adjuster hasn't looked at it yet, but will be interested to see if they attempt a fix or total it.

Last edited:

ep67bro

Contributor
Bronco Junky
Loc.
Easton, MD
Man that is horrible! :cry:Glad you came out without any major injury! I would bet they total it if it has that kind of frame damage. I wish you the best with your recovery and whatever route you go down with the bronco.

cannunz546

Contributor
Bronco Owner and Admirer
Loc.
Northwest Suburbs, Chicago
As the fates would have it, Monday I was rear ended in my 2021 Ford Bronco 2dr. I was sitting in a turn lane and from what I, and the police could gather, was struck in the rear by a Toyota Camry doing 45 mph. The impact obviously bent the frame, destroyed the rear swing door and the front drivers seat... But here is the warning. Seat belt system didn't stop me from being propelled into the front steering wheel with my face. My forehead hit the top of the steering wheel and my nose impacted the center horn. Obviously, air bags do not deploy on a rear end collision but I wasn't expecting the seat belt, shoulder harness to not work out. CT scan was clear, but I am having mild concussion symptoms and well, feel like someone worked me over with a bat. I looked on line and sure enough, the insurance industry didn't particularly care for how the Bronco handles rear impact collisions.

On a side note, of course the driver of the Toyota wasn't insured, didn't have a drivers license (oddly enough, police let him walk, don't even know how they cited him without knowing his name? I heard the officer ask him 5-6 times for his name which he eventually gave.

Other point of interest, no fixing a frame unless slightly damaged, have to replace the entire frame. Adjuster hasn't looked at it yet, but will be interested to see if they attempt a fix or total it.
I'm glad you aren't too messed up, BluebroncoNC. That sounds awful scary with the seat belts not operating correctly.

Teal68

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Inlet Beach
Glad you are alright!

I know what you mean about the driving experience. When I was driving home from the dealer with my wife's 2 door Wildtrak I couldn't help but keep smiling! So much so that I have now ordered myself a 2 door basesquatch! Funny thing is I gave my other 1st day reservation away to a friend. Should have kept it, but in the end it's all good because I really wanted the 7 speed with squatch and they didn't offer that in 2021 anyhow.

Bonus: They are extremely impressive off-road too!

OP
OP
BluebroncoNC

BluebroncoNC

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Asheville, NC
I'm glad you aren't too messed up, BluebroncoNC. That sounds awful scary with the seat belts not operating correctly.
I talked to Ford, let them know the circumstances and outcome of the rear end hit. Don't know if anything will come of it, but felt like I did my duty to the Bronco Community. Hopefully, the insurances get their act together this week and total the truck so I can grab another one. I'm going to be out of commission for a few months with upcoming surgery (not wreck related) and need it handled. Will see.