• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Warning 1976 Bronco on Ebay Warning

Sbolt19

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Colorado Springs
well, we will see if this joker writes me back. I emailed him through ebay with this:

"I am interested in seeing this vehicle in person, so I would like to know where you and the vehicle are at. I would also like to see a picture of the VIN plate & matching registration or title for verification and so that I can do a carfax report on the vehicle. Thanks."

If I get a live one, I will post the email conversation on here so you fellas can see what he says.

1975SPORT

Loc.
Hood River, Oregon
I emailed him asking for pics of truck besides whats on ebay, title pics, and vin pics, hasnt emailed me back and its been almost eight hours now. He's ignoring me...I think we should all mark him as a user in our profiles on ebay and watch him making sure he's not doing it all the time. You can also add negative responses and bring down his percentage...i dont know about you but if i read that he was a scam artist and using other peoples sales i wouldnt buy from him.
-just a thought

Sbolt19

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Colorado Springs
i sent an email to the address in the middle of the page asking for a location, more pix, etc. yesterday...nothing yet from him.

Dave

Contributor
Bronco Guru
If someone has factual information, report it to EBAY as suspected fraud.

OP
OP
thesnake

thesnake

Bronco Guru
I've reported this particular instance now three different times and it keeps popping back up.

baby_blue

Loc.
Laramie, WY
WOW!! I actually got a response from the guy!

"Hi there,
Thank you for your interest in purchasing my truck, and sorry for my late reply.The truck is in Excellent running condition has a low price and a clean title.There is absolutely nothing mechanically wrong with the truck, it hasn't been abused, its well maintained and mostly kept in the garage,low miles. As much as I'd love it, I'm forced to sell it because i moved in Zagreb, Croatia and decided to buy a house here. The truck is in Croatia with me, but it's still registered in US. Another reason that forces me to sell it is that it's almost impossible for me to make it street legal here in Croatia and I'll have to pay around $3,000.00 US . The total price that you'll have to pay for the truck is $6,800.00 US. Shipping and handling are included in the sale price.
I would like to close this deal through eBay's Square Trade because in this way we are both protected. Square Trade is an escrow company and takes care of our both interests.To register the deal on Square Trade, I'll need a reply with yours following details: full name (including your eBay username), address and the shipping address (I mean where to ship the car) so I can open a case at them.
Thank-you"

WheelHorse

Bronco Guru
At least he is consistent with his messages. This is what I just got this morning.

"Hi there,
Thank you for your interest in purchasing my truck, and sorry for my late reply.The truck is in Excellent running condition has a low price and a clean title.There is absolutely nothing mechanically wrong with the truck, it hasn't been abused, its well maintained and mostly kept in the garage,low miles. As much as I'd love it, I'm forced to sell it because i moved in Zagreb, Croatia and decided to buy a house here. The truck is in Croatia with me, but it's still registered in US. Another reason that forces me to sell it is that it's almost impossible for me to make it street legal here in Croatia and I'll have to pay around $3,000.00 US . The total price that you'll have to pay for the truck is $6,800.00 US. Shipping and handling are included in the sale price.
I would like to close this deal through eBay's Square Trade because in this way we are both protected. Square Trade is an escrow company and takes care of our both interests.To register the deal on Square Trade, I'll need a reply with yours following details: full name (including your eBay username), address and the shipping address (I mean where to ship the car) so I can open a case at them.
Thank-you

Mike [bronco@TruckOwner.net]"

Ya... I thought it was too good to be true. It was cool to see what it really sold for on here though. Good to know that Bronco owners are on the look out for scams and help each other out.

I say we get a rope and drag him behind that very Bronco.

1975SPORT

Loc.
Hood River, Oregon
mmm...does this sound the same got a common aswer aparently.
Hi there,
Thank-you

77BroncoWag

Contributor
Bronco Guru
LOL street legal in Croatia! What better rig other than a tank to drive thru all the bomb craters!

Sbolt19

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Colorado Springs
Make that 4x that we got the same mail. I got mine at 6:57 am this morning. I am going to reply to him, see if I can screw with him. Anyone want to give me some suggestions that I can throw at him?

trophybass

Loc.
Plant City, Florida
Sbolt19 said:
Make that 4x that we got the same mail. I got mine at 6:57 am this morning. I am going to reply to him, see if I can screw with him. Anyone want to give me some suggestions that I can throw at him?

Yeah, ask that if you pay him $3000.00 too much, if he will refund it to you in cash. Kinda like they do when they want to "pay the shipper in cash" part of their scam.

Sbolt19

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Colorado Springs
I am gonna bump this because I got the guy on the hook. I am gonna post the reply email in the off topic section so you all can read it and give me some ideas.

Dave

Contributor
Bronco Guru
5x ..................

Anyone know what "square deal" is? And how he might use it to separate a fool from his money. I guess I'm getting a bit synicle in my old age but anyone that would fall for this one deserves a $6800 lesson. I reported it to EBAY as a possible scam but I don't think they really care as long as they get their fee.