• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Abolish Post Counts?

should we ask jon to dump the post counts?

• no, keep post counts.

Votes: 69 45.7%
  • yes, dump post counts.

Votes: 82 54.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

musetech

Loc.
Alexandria
Hey, I only have twenty something posts so I'm sure everyone just skips over what I have to say anyway..........Joking. A newbie to the EB community but I only chime in if I feel I have something helpful/amusing to contribute. This may or may not be the case this time but my vote is to keep the counter. With valid arguments on both sides it seems like less work to just let it be and get back to more helpful/amusing discussions.

PS my bronco is almost ready!!!!!!

Pics to come...before anyone asks. v/r John a.k.a the replacement floor pan mangler. Thank god for seam sealer.

thesnake

Bronco Guru
It doesn't matter to me. I've had help from guys who have mega posts and from newbies. I think what counts is that we have people who will try to help someone who needs it. On the board as in life, there will be irritating people and people who listen and don't post much and those that take an active role in helping people, who listen and also have answers.

I guess if I had to pick a side of the fence, I'd say keep the post counts.

Broncoman

Bronco Guru
I think we should keep the post count, but keep it in the profile only. That way if you just want to know you can look. I like the joined date being displayed more. It shows how long someone has been a member. Which I think is more important. I have been here 3 years and haven't broken 400 yet.
Posts are not important. I just like to know how many times I have run my mouth.

md_lucky_13

Loc.
Idaho
If I had it either way, I would say ditch them..

But in all honestly, it doesn't mean a thing to me..

I have been coming to this site since long before it even had a forum. The yellow bronco on the very top of page 2 of the old, old pictures thread is mine.. and it was only put on page 2 because Jon got swamped with pictures when he first started doing that.

I'm not hear very often, but I like to jump in and chime in on the things I actually KNOW about. If I'm not 100% sure of the answer, I usually won't post..

I also like to post little tech articles and information. Even if they don't make it to the official tech articles, I enjoy doing it. Speaking of which, I will be posting one soon about putting a front diff protector on.. Super super easy, but some people just don't know how to do things like that, and showing a step by step is helpfull.

Back to the topic here: I don't know how many posts I have, and I don't even remember my join date to this forum.. But, having been a nerd since well before highschool, I was all over the internet about these early broncos way back before I could even drive. Bought my first one (the yellow one) and swamped the internet again looking for sites like this. My time on this site doesn't mean I know anything about what I am talking about, and the amount of posts I make doesn't mean I know what I am talking about either. Perhaps the reason I don't have as many posts is because I'm always out working on the damn thing.

I guess what I am saying is this. We could have the absolute bronco expert join this site tomorrow. Someone who knew everything about anything to do with the classic bronco. His knowledge isn't going to be any less because of his join date or post count. Take the advice you get for what its worth, and if you don't like it, don't use it, but most definentally don't ignore it because of the date that person joined or the amount of posts they have.

Skiddy

Bronco Guru
SeaBiscuit68 said:
This is my one and only post on all of this. There is nothing about the board that's in need of change.
Ok I wasn't going to get drug into this but I agree with you 100%, great site great people. End of story.
Is the weather freezing some of you all's brain cells ;D

72bronco

Bronco Guru
Skiddy said:
Is the weather freezing some of you all's brain cells ;D

Nope, it's 80 degrees today in downtown Los Angeles. In fact, I'm thinking of taking the top off this weekend. ;D

Skiddy

Bronco Guru
72bronco said:
Nope, it's 80 degrees today in downtown Los Angeles. In fact, I'm thinking of taking the top off this weekend. ;D
Dang it well hope it rains on you then :p j/k it was a whole 22 deg. here this morning :'( uh oh i might be post hoeing now ;D

broncolove

The Bronco Ranch
Loc.
S.E. Michigan
I mean come on does anyone really care about who has the most post, I see no relation to the post count Vs Knowledge of broncos. Take it or leave it, don't really matter to me. I have been on this site since it started and don't have 1/4 of the post that some have made in a year. I just enjoy surfing the site and answering a few questions no and then. Like 99% of the others on this site Post count or not, keep the site Clean ;D

Flash69

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Southwest Va
72bronco said:
That sucks. It was 11 here this morning. It just dont sound fair to me. What is the coldest it gets there 72bronco???

Madgyver

Bronco Madman
Flash69 said:
That sucks. It was 11 here this morning. It just dont sound fair to me. What is the coldest it gets there 72bronco???
Nice and sunny here in Hawaii.....
I should pull off the tarp and start working on my EB....

Attachments

• DSC00739 (2).JPG
    DSC00739 (2).JPG
    42.8 KB · Views: 11

72bronco

Bronco Guru
Flash69 said:

The first week of December this year was very cold. We had record overnight temperatures that got into the low 30's in LA and the valley areas. But that is very unusual. The all-time lowest temperature ever recorded in the city of Los Angeles during the month of December was in 1978 when the barometer hit just 30 degrees.

If you look at statistical average for Los Angeles in the month of December, the average high is 67.8 degrees and the average low is 48.8 degrees. Yesterday our high was 81 degrees and our low was 53 degrees, which means we're running a bit above average right now. :cool:

I lived a few years in Minnesota so I have a reference point when it comes to comparing weather. There is simply no comparison. LA weather is great if you can afford to live here, don't mind the traffic, aren't bothered by all the illegal aliens, and get used to all the homeless people. :)

Fathom

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Los Angeles
72bronco said:

Sorry Guys, Putting up 150 feet of fence and I am sweating my --- off and getting sun burned..too.. :cool:

Los Angeles, what a great place! If you can handle the gas prices too!

Fathom

HotWheels

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Twilight Zone
well weather is a better suject than the moronic post count. believe it or no the sun came out today here in Seattle, WA

67EB_in_619

Bronco Guru
Loc.
San Diego
How about an option for "Who the #$%@ cares about post counts and thinks that talking even more about it is a waste of time" ? :)

Bronco Ben

Contributor
Jckofalltrdes master/none
Loc.
Coffeeville, Alabama
I personally think the post count is ok, but if it is to be revised then maybe it can only count when someone VOTES FOR THE SITE!!!! and is a CONTRIBUTOR! now flame that! ;D
Ben

Status
Not open for further replies.