• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Abolish Post Counts?

should we ask jon to dump the post counts?

• no, keep post counts.

Votes: 69 45.7%
  • yes, dump post counts.

Votes: 82 54.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

HotWheels

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Twilight Zone
Bronco Ben said:
I personally think the post count is ok, but if it is to be revised then maybe it can only count when someone VOTES FOR THE SITE!!!! and is a CONTRIBUTOR! now flame that! ;D
Ben

well there's an idea...free your mind....votes will follow....

Frankenhorse

Loc.
Smyrna,TN
Where is the don't care button?

Thought this site was about help not post count! I have only known about this site for 2 months everyone is helpfull and nice. After I move back east this summer I will contribute well at least after christmas. I may not be as noligable (esp spelling) as others but what I do know is this is an excilant site. If someone gives you advise and you don't double check it's your fault whether it is 1 post or 1mil. Love the site thanks for keeping it up now lets drop the subject and get back to BRONCOS. By the way I will be asking for a lot of help sence I am leaving every motorhead I know behind hope your there for me.

76Broncofromhell

Bronco Totalitarian
Loc.
Reno, NV
I don't care either way. I will listen to someone who has a post count of 5 or 5,000 provided he knows what the hell he's talking about.

JaxLax

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Jacksonville, FL
figured i'd chime in. %) i have what (i can't see as i type) +1000 posts. Great. and for what it's worth a lot weren't even helpful to most people. I mean, i had 20 something from just asking for buying advice before i ever bought one. a good 200 were probably dumb questions i have asked over the years. Post counts in no way ever imply knowledge. I mean, if Fords master technician from 1977 logged on and registered, he'd be a newbie (this is the basic reasoning behind a newbie should never be flamed....you just never know and pushing them away might really be hurting you are and your community...but that's a whole different topic). As stated before, the reason i'm not just a 'lurker' here is because the atmosphere is friendly and everyone is polite. (group hug :-* )

Don't fix what ain't broke.

Keep 'em/Ditch 'em.....I don't care.

It's guys like 2bad (i miss already :'( ) who used to get called out in threads and PM'd for help and gladly gave it that made this site so great.

Some people like to chat, some stay solely in Tech. it doesn't matter, we all love Broncos. Isn't that what this sites about anyways???? ;D

Projp

I am a man of firm convictions regarding this important subject being currently discussed.
HOWEVER-----
If a new Atlas II (preferably in 4.3) were to be delivered to my doorstep, I might be persuaded to see things your way and vote accordingly.
JP

Steve

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Grand Junction, CO
Projp said:
If a new Atlas II (preferably in 4.3) were to be delivered to my doorstep, I might be persuaded to see things your way and vote accordingly.
JP
Mine's still sitting on the garage floor waiting to be installed, but I'm not gonna send it to you to influence your vote because that would be cheating. ;D

2badrotties

Just a Bronco guy !
Loc.
Niskayuna N.Y.
I believe they are a temptation to some people but maybe not. I don't think they really mean anything. I would never not read a thread because the starter had a couple of posts. I might consider not reading one started by someone with a lot of posts though. If there was a NEW " buy it now Mustang G T for $5000 " on e-bay and the seller had only 10 positive feedbacks would it keep me from bidding ? NO ! If the seller had 8,000 feedbacks would it keep me from bidding ? NO ! UNLESS I could read what the feedback meant. He might have 4000 negative feedbacks and 4000 positive. Then I " probably " wouldn't bid. You just don't know with numbers unless you can seperate them.

Unless you can seperate the good from the bad, the number doesn't mean anything. Some of us have a hundred posts just in the voting thread. :eek:

Take them away :)

astark

Contributor
Bronco God
I say keep the post counts.

It is not the post counts that have caused this problem and to blame them is another way of avoiding the problem. The lack of education, training, responsibility, maturity and common sense are where the problems with post counts origin and where resolution can be found.

Remember, post counts are like guns, it is not guns that hurt people, but their owners and some good safety tips can be found here

http://www.nrahq.org/education/guide.asp

Just switch out the words "Gun" with the words "Post" to see what I mean.

OP
OP
J

jbeyer

Bronco Guru
Loc.
new york city
astark said:
I say keep the post counts.

It is not the post counts that have caused this problem and to blame them is another way of avoiding the problem. The lack of education, training, responsibility, maturity and common sense are where the problems with post counts origin and where resolution can be found.

shall we start a poll to require all posters to have common sense? ;)

Skuzzlebutt

PhD, Dr. of Broncology
Loc.
Honeymoon Bay
Projp said:
I am a man of firm convictions regarding this important subject being currently discussed.
HOWEVER-----
JP

If a pair of Hooters girls were deliverd to my doorstep, it may sway my opinion (assuming they had an opinion). Most likely opinions would be the least things swaying and the hooters would end up adding 4 votes to the keep the post counts side.

yak67

Bronco Guru
jbeyer said:
shall we start a poll to require all posters to have common sense? ;)
should we start a pole to stop this thread.......who cares! Let's just talk broncos.

Loc.
Salt Lake City
Whats a post count? Never heard of it.

On another note I have seen 2 newer guys here from Utah post in this thread. Its about time we get some more Utah guys here. Projp and the 3rd or 4th poster on this thread. Welcome.

SACHEM

Back From the Dead
I've been gone for 2 weeks and this is what I come back to? This has to be the lamest thread I've ever read anywhere. Jbeyer, no offense but why is it that one can think they can make a voting post and change something? It isn't your site, it isn't my site, it isn't jeepster site or 2 bad's site.

Jon has enough to do in his life without someone trying to force change on his creation which we will all agree is fantastic just the way it is. Have some respect for the man, Please. This isn't the government where things can be changed through voting. Get over it, get past it, and move on. The sooner this whine fest is locked or deleted the better.

The funny thing is that the names that were listed earlier in the thread, Such as Jeepster, 2 bad, astark and such are some of the biggest post whores around. Who cares as long as thier whoredness is interesting. I know I don't.

If you'll all excuse me I have a bulkhead to ship down to OK. Good day...

astark

Contributor
Bronco God
HotWheels said:
Why not just measure the sticks up everyones butts about this subject? Live and learn and learn to live.

You HotWheels have degraded this site to the point that I am embarrassed to know that you ever came here, and worst remained.

I am embarrassed for you as a person and even worse as a representative of our armed forces, not to even mention your membership here.

I suspect that your bayoneted brother would have a similar take on you as I and many others here do and it is probably better you do not serve with those who truly do, in our armed forces as well as here.

It is my hope you will leave here, and I have never said or even indicated such a thing to any other person, so yes, you can add something else to your laurels.

Go away for now for the good of mankind and do not disturb me or others again, as you have, and get yourself a Chevy and go blow it there on those sites as you have here, until you have learned what you lack, for it is detrimental to others.

But feel free to return when you have learned to become a better person and brother to those around and about you should you be able to accomplish that, which I doubt.

You are an ass and do not realize it, or if you do don't care, and that is my point !

Status
Not open for further replies.