• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

? abut cooling a 351 windsor

Justafordguy

Bronco Guru
After I fit the biggest damn radiator in there I can, I am going to work with fan combos and thermostats/coolent untill ifind what will keep the beast cool.

I think this is the main problem with keeping an EB cool. There just isn't enough room for a big radiator without major modifications.

You should see the size of the radiator in my new F150 6.2L, it's huge with two huge electric fans. Man I wish I could put something like this in my Bronco.;D

tatersalad

Bronco Guru
I am running an Taurus electric fan with an explorer radiator, water wetter with antifreeze. I only used the high speed on the fan and I drive home to the foothills of Sac, Ca. everyday around 3 pm in 100 plus degree weather and so far my 351W efi has not been above 210 degrees traveling at 65 to 70 mph on the freeway pulling a grade. I also had a Spal fan in when I was running a carb 302. The spal fan was a tight fit though. I was looking into a fan called the side winder because of the clearance issues, they are sold by the Fan Man for hot rods... I am also running the 351W serp. and 195 stat.. I read a post by a guy awhile back that said he had the same setup and was having good luck running a 210 thermostat.