• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Adding Music

John_parkeriv

Loc.
Arcadia, FL
So I'm looking at putting a speaker in my bronco. I don't really need a radio or anything since I'm only really planning on using bluetooth. I'd use a 6x9 speaker in the stock location, but I'm not sure what else I'd need. If anyone else's every set up something like this, what all do I need? What kind of Amp, bluetooth receiver, wiring, etc?

JLP

Put a Retro Sound system in....check it out on their website. Then put some speaker pods in for some decent speakers. the pods mount on your drivneranbd passenger side kick panels to allow a clean and easy location for mounting speakers....Tom Bronco parts has them

OP
OP
John_parkeriv

John_parkeriv

Loc.
Arcadia, FL
Put a Retro Sound system in....check it out on their website. Then put some speaker pods in for some decent speakers. the pods mount on your drivneranbd passenger side kick panels to allow a clean and easy location for mounting speakers....Tom Bronco parts has them

I'm trying to find a way to do it without a radio. I don't need AM/FM or sirius so I think that would be overkill. I also don't have a radio cutout in my dash (despite having a speaker and radio antenna) and I'm trying not to cut holes in my dash.

txtruk15

Contributor
Loc.
Highland Village, TX
I'm trying to find a way to do it without a radio. I don't need AM/FM or sirius so I think that would be overkill. I also don't have a radio cutout in my dash (despite having a speaker and radio antenna) and I'm trying not to cut holes in my dash.

probably the easier and yes it's more expensive is to get a self contained waterproof bluetooth enabled soundbar and install either under backseat or rollbar...that's a lot more expensive than a 6x9 speaker though...

OP
OP
John_parkeriv

John_parkeriv

Loc.
Arcadia, FL
Just grab an all-weather bluetooth speaker, and throw it in the back.

After looking at it, that would seem to be the easier way to go about this... I'm going to try and find a smaller one I can mount behind the dash. Any recommendations? I'm running a straight pipe, so the bronco is a bit louder than usual.