• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Procar Elite seats - adding seat heaters

JWMcCrary

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Has anyone added set heaters to the procar elite seats? My seats are 15 years old but with exception to a small hole that I caused with something in my back pocket they are in great shape. The upholstery places want as much as new seats to add the heaters. Pretty risky considering the age of the seat covering material. Thought I might tackle it myself so if there is a problem I haven't paid to have the problem. Based on a few youtube videos it doesn't seem it should be that difficult, but it's something I have no experience with.
Thoughts and feedback appreciated.

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
No experience here, so learning vicariously through you!
But I have sold quite a few sets of seat heaters from ProCar and so far no complaints. Did not get to watch any of the installs, but I thought I remembered someone here doing it with the ProCar brand too. Been a long time though. At least four or five years I'd say.

But like you said, it does not seem like the hardest thing we've had to do on our rigs. I'm planning to order some white Elites at some point too, but now I've been reminded to order them with heaters!

Good luck.

Paul

BGBronco

Contributor
N A S H V I L L E
Loc.
Tennessee
I did this on my Defender. it was an easy job but the seat bottom and seat backs were separate units and the seat covers could be easily stripped to add the heaters. The wiring is simple.

I have the TBP Premium seats which are similar to the Procars. I started looking at this a few days ago. It looks like there is a way to open up the covers and slide the heating elements in without fully taking apart the seat. If you fold the seatback all the way forward, you should be able to see how easy this will be (at least for the seat back). You do need to remove the seat to do the whole job.

NicksTrix

Bronco Guru
you can do it. not that tough. do one at a time so you have a reference.

amfw

JWMcRary, did you end up doing this? I have the procar rally elites and love them. I have a heated seat kit thats been sitting on my shelf for years (originally for another project) that I would be willing to install. My big concern is that getting the upholstery back on would be a pain and end up not looking good... The tall seat backs seem to just be zip off. Looks like the bottoms have some hog rings on them.