• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Adding rattlers to my Bronco

Ksm

Bronco Guru
I bet some of y'all thought rattlers were a Bronco part or accessory you didn't know about. Well don't go looking for rattlers at Toms Bronco Parts because I actually do mean rattlers, as in rattlesnakes. I already have a specimen in the car hanging on the gun rack (it rattles when I go over bumps) but when my sun visors needed a refresh I thought --- yea, I need more rattlesnake skins. So I have these two pretty nice diamond-back skins and took them over to this insane auto upholstery guy who works out of a shop my parents would warn me away from. He just called and said they were ready! I had him top mount the skins to a parchment colored vinyl, similar to the original color of the sun visors. He was trying to get me to order some snakeskin imbossed vinyl but that just seems cheesy. I want to see the edges and scales. And I'm pretty sure some of y'all think this is the most ridiculous mod but it fits in my Bronco.

Sure I NEED to replace a transmission hose and repair the leak in the radiator but come on. I HAVE to have the snakeskin mounted for the Bronco to run, it's a necessity.

(photos to come)

OP
OP
Ksm

Ksm

Bronco Guru
I have to go pick them up first! Probably tomorrow. I asked him how they looked and he just said I was crazy. I'm going to refrain from calling this a bad idea until I see them installed.

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
And I'm pretty sure some of y'all think this is the most ridiculous mod but it fits in my Bronco.
Nah, not at all. I think by now we’ve all come to expect some pretty artistic segues coming from the general direction of your bronco!
I saw the title and knew exactly what you were talking about, and figured I liked it right away and couldn’t wait to see it. 😁

Well, actually I should say I wasn’t really 100% sure. I thought at first you might mean you found a real live rattlesnake in your bronco. But a real dead one is definitely better.

Reactions: Ksm

Seventee

Contributor
Loc.
In the sticks of MT
I'd be happy to send you some rattles (and squeaks too) if I could. My Bronco has plenty for two.

Oh shoot, you said 'rattlers'....never mind. We have those too but I ain't going near them.

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
I have 2 rattles from rattlesnakes that my Grandmother killed probably 50 or more years ago. The little one has 13, the bigger one has 15. It never occurred to me to incorporate them into my Bronco decor. I'll have to think about it! LOL

Attachments

• 0A91D128-6B31-4C66-8B44-43C2E409245B.jpeg
    0A91D128-6B31-4C66-8B44-43C2E409245B.jpeg
    250.8 KB · Views: 24

mac14562

A close friend of mine made this for me a while back. It currently hangs on the mirror of my work truck but when I get my Caribbean Turquoise with saddle interior EB done it'll be hanging on it's mirror. Kind of a style statement piece. :cool:

Attachments

• 20220322_180401.jpg
    20220322_180401.jpg
    127.6 KB · Views: 50
  • Love
OP
OP
Ksm

Ksm

Bronco Guru
I have 2 rattles from rattlesnakes that my Grandmother killed probably 50 or more years ago. The little one has 13, the bigger one has 15. It never occurred to me to incorporate them into my Bronco decor. I'll have to think about it! LOL
YES, I was just thinking that mac14526! Get a local metal smith to fashion a hanger on one end then put it on a leather cord around your rear view mirror. I had a tailpiece made in to a necklace.
I have a sterling silver piece my mom cut on a little magnet in my Bronco. I think she would have liked my having it in there :)

fordfan

Contributor
Bronco Guru
When reading your thread, I can't help but think of my very own "Rattler". If you went for a ride, you would understand the 'snakebite'....:oops:😀...The Cobra Jet kind...

The last picture is from it's old race days, pictured in 1977.

Attachments

• Rattler 006.JPG
    Rattler 006.JPG
    126 KB · Views: 71
  • Rattler 009.JPG
    Rattler 009.JPG
    181 KB · Views: 82
  • Rattler 035.JPG
    Rattler 035.JPG
    247.2 KB · Views: 81
  • Rattler in the air.JPG
    Rattler in the air.JPG
    113.5 KB · Views: 83
OP
OP
Ksm

Ksm

Bronco Guru
When reading your thread, I can't help but think of my very own "Rattler". If you went for a ride, you would understand the 'snakebite'....:oops:😀...The Cobra Jet kind...

The last picture is from it's old race days, pictured in 1977.
That. is. Awesome!

fatboy

Contributor
Glad to be here.
Loc.
New Hampshire
Y’all are crazy! I ate some rattlesnake once but I really don’t want nothin to do with ‘em!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Haha

ared77

Contributor
Bronco Guru
fordfan, you put a 428CJ into an Early Bronco? You are my new hero!

OP
OP
Ksm

Ksm

Bronco Guru
It's Thursday, where are the pics? I've checked this thread 5 times, you're killing me!
Ok, I did pick them up last night and they look AWESOME. Better than I hoped. But I went to install them when I got home, knowing it'd be an easy 5 min task, and those screws I set aside so I wouldn't loose them? Yea, I lost them. I must have spent an hour looking for a set of 4 screws around my house and barn. I'll get them up tonight after work. Kids might have to eat Ramen for dinner but I'll get em up!

fatboy

Contributor
Glad to be here.
Loc.
New Hampshire
Kids might have to eat Ramen for dinner but I'll get em up!

We all have our crosses to bear… if you kids are like mine were, they would probably prefer the ramen noodles!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LUBr LuvR

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Ok, I did pick them up last night and they look AWESOME. Better than I hoped. But I went to install them when I got home, knowing it'd be an easy 5 min task, and those screws I set aside so I wouldn't loose them? Yea, I lost them. I must have spent an hour looking for a set of 4 screws around my house and barn. I'll get them up tonight after work. Kids might have to eat Ramen for dinner but I'll get em up!
Soon as the visors are in, proper photos taken and ramen is done - you’ll find the screws.