• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Adjustible Detent kit

JWMcCrary

Contributor
Bronco Guru
How do you know how tight to set? Put these in resealed case because I had them. Case was not popping out of gear, but changed all the gears to tera low and replaced all the gaskets, seals , etc. Did not replace the input and output bearings so none of those specs have changed. Wondering if I should put the detent springs back like it was since I wasn't having any problems.??

Viperwolf1

Contributor
electron whisperer
I put the shift rail between detent positions where the high spot on the rail is. Then snug the adjuster down, back off 1/2 turn and lock it down.

The T rails are a little funky with the detent holes so look at the pictures here to see where the best spot to do this is.

Attachments

• Bronco 009s.jpg
    Bronco 009s.jpg
    104.2 KB · Views: 46
  • Bronco 010 front rails.jpg
    Bronco 010 front rails.jpg
    104.5 KB · Views: 44
OP
OP
JWMcCrary

JWMcCrary

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Thanks Viper.
Started to PM you about this but since I didn't find anything with a search figured I would ask here so it's available to others.