• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

air filter help

U

Unregistered

I have a friend who just bought a 66 pony. Anyway he wants to replace the oil bath filter with a new one, but does not want to cut the stock hood, or replace it with a cowl induction hood.

What filter can he get to fit under the stock hood. Anyone have part numbers or such?

Did the search and could not find anything.

TJK74

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Newark CA
On my 302 with the stock hood i ran a 14" with a 2' tall fram filter and it cleared by about a 1/2" The fram number is CA114.

c2computer

Loc.
Castle Rock, CO
Edelbrock makes a drop base for the air cleaner. I run a 3 inch, with the drop base, Qjet and Edelbrock manifold but I had to cut a hole in the hood. I did this also to get some fresh air into the engine area but I think you can run a 2 inch and it should fit.

OP
OP
U

Unregistered

What parts are needed for the swap to a 14" by 2" filter? or do you just put it in the old oil bath filter holder?

Anything special he will need? Anyone suggest an aftermarket air cleaning set up that will fit under the hood.

This is all just temporary, hes going to do a 351 swap later. but wants to keep it all under the stock hood. Without a body lift.