• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Air impact wrench recommendations

wildbill

Old Bronco Guy
:D:D:D I use a C P have been useing it for over 30 years no problems best gun I have had. It seams that the cheep guns only last about 1 year and go to pot. Good luck with your choice.:p:p:p Bill %):cool:;D

av bronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Palmdale CA
If my i/r ever wears out im gonna try one of those air cats, my i/r is about 8 years old and still going strong tho.

bigcountry

Contributor
Bronco Guru
i have a Nitrocat 1200m. It has 1200 ft lbs of loosing torque and three settings for tightening. It is light and works great. you can get them from Northern Tools and Equipment online. They were on sale a month ago for 199.

needabronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Prescott/Farmington
I have an IR that's easily 30+ years old, I got it in a trade, and know it's been rebuilt at least 3 times, and very used and abused... I've put maybe 3 oz's of lube in it since I've owned it which is about 14 years. Now it's on it's last legs, and needs to be replaced, but I'm pretty sure it'll be another IR

bmc69

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I am paranoid of anything new without a reputation, 10-20 year reputation that is. Sounds like a beast of an impact though.

Ditto that!! I need a new 1/2 for the mobile welding rig and I think I will get on of those Aircats (never even heard of 'em?:?). Then I can directly compare with my IR Titanium too.

Good info!

nrramse

I've got a Craftsman impact wrench too, and it seems kind of weak but I always blamed my compressor which doesn't have an adjustable regulator and only generates 80PSI. I don't know what PSI its supposed to run at - I guess I should research it.

Do Craftsman impact wrenches have the lifetime warranty like the hand tools do? If so, it wouldn't cost anything to swap it out.

Newell

Ratch

Contributor
I have a Mac 234 1/2'' impact made by IR that I used for 17 years when I retired it (brought it home to use). I wore out (not broken, wore out !) 2 anvils. If I had a nickle for every lug nut it removed I could probably buy the taj mahal. Any good brand name impact should last a hobbyist a lifetime as long as it is oiled occasionally.