• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Amazed at how much attention these trucks get.

englewoodcowboy

Lick Creek Restorations
Get thumbs up all the time and asking what it is..."never knew they made one like that!" my reply "they didn't!! they made 746,000 of them"

Sasquatch the numbers man! I will have to remember that response one day in the future when I can take mine out and get the questions... ;D

BluebroncoNC

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Asheville, NC
“just go buy a f**king old truck so you will shut up and stay off craigslist”. -- Atta girl, she's a keeper! Not sure what the wife would have said about my truck, post marriage, since I owned it prior to our getting married 24 years ago. Wasn't drivable for 22 of those years, took a long slow time to give it its frame off. I'm happy now. Wife thinks it isn't as classy as a Range Rover, but she grew up in Africa so she's biased.

Good luck going forward!

Hubba

Loc.
Montesano WA
I had a cop pull me over just to ask me what year my Bronco was. It didn't bother me as usually getting pulled over also means visiting with a judge. one other thing, I call my hitch "THE SHIN SHARPENER"

76MaBronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Massachusetts
I took mine to work yesterday, a 30 mile drive. I had 4 Jeep owners and a motor cyclist give me thumbs up. A few honks, and several stares and glances. It happens every time.

My kids see it more than I do. "Dad, people are staring and pointing at us!"

tasker

Contributor
all knowing of nothing
Loc.
NH
I took mine to work yesterday, a 30 mile drive. I had 4 Jeep owners and a motor cyclist give me thumbs up. A few honks, and several stares and glances. It happens every time.

My kids see it more than I do. "Dad, people are staring and pointing at us!"

wearing the speedo again? ;D

Casey835

I've had atleast 3 tell me they had one just like mine but there's was older than my 66 and one tell me they had one just like it but it was an 80s model.

Eoth

Bronco Guru
I've had atleast 3 tell me they had one just like mine but there's was older than my 66 and one tell me they had one just like it but it was an 80s model.

I have come to the conclusion that it is kind of like the "Kevin Bacon Game" except nobody is ever more than one degree away... Either they used to own one or had a close "buddy" that had one....

OP
OP
bobscott

bobscott

“just go buy a f**king old truck so you will shut up and stay off craigslist”. -- Atta girl, she's a keeper! Not sure what the wife would have said about my truck, post marriage, since I owned it prior to our getting married 24 years ago. Wasn't drivable for 22 of those years, took a long slow time to give it its frame off. I'm happy now. Wife thinks it isn't as classy as a Range Rover, but she grew up in Africa so she's biased.

Good luck going forward!

Sure is a keeper. She is going to Super Celebration with me about 8 months pregnant.

broncoitis

Bronco Guru
I don't think that people around here really know what it is around NJ! It gets some attention but not crazy like I would think. I guess that is a good thing in some respect. The best is when they call it a JEEP! :mad:

I guess I need to get out more with the Bronco! ;D

Hubba

Loc.
Montesano WA
I had a guy tell me he had one just like mine but it had a v6 and you couldn't remove the top. ha ha

u10072

Bronco Guru
Hey KSM-- Just put some dipshit dollar figure on it-- if you get someone with way more money than sense-- let it go :) Some people will absolutely get driven crazy to buy something and somehow make it happen- those types are a blast to sell something to!

Hubba-- when I get those not a clue people out there I try to stay nice and polite but sometimes you just have to tell them that those are a BroncoII and not really worth the scrap metal price!

broncoitis

Bronco Guru
Hey KSM-- Just put some dipshit dollar figure on it-- if you get someone with way more money than sense-- let it go :) Some people will absolutely get driven crazy to buy something and somehow make it happen- those types are a blast to sell something to!

Hubba-- when I get those not a clue people out there I try to stay nice and polite but sometimes you just have to tell them that those are a BroncoII and not really worth the scrap metal price!

Oh come on now! Bronco II were pretty cool I think. Yeah under powered but with a lift, bushwacker flares and some nice tires you could completely change the look of the truck! For the better! ;D

Hubba

Loc.
Montesano WA
Oh come on now! Bronco II were pretty cool I think. Yeah under powered but with a lift, bushwacker flares and some nice tires you could completely change the look of the truck! For the better! ;D

I am a Ford man all the way but that is a bit like trying to polish a turd.

El Kabong

Contributor
Driving stuff Henry built
I have used the much overpriced technique when someone was trying to get me to sell (Not my 73, its current condition repels buyers effectively). When they told me that was way too much, I'd smile & say "Yep, & you don't see a For Sale sign on it either, do you?"

It is my goal to someday have my poor old Bronco nice enough to have someone like it.

Tram

Bronco Guru
the guys stopping me wanting to buy it just don't take no for an answer. I keep getting pestered by the same two guys in our own neighborhood about selling it to them. They won't take no for an answer..

I usually stop those folks by giving them a number they think is outrageous.. I use $362,000.. Not sure why, but that number has always appealed to me.. LOL.. I like saying it..

No and $362,000 are very different..

"No" to them means "There is still a chance.."
"Sure, $362,000 and she's yours!" means "That's not for sale.."

I have a Trans Am a local guy tries to buy off me every single time he sees it.. Last time he asked what I'd take, I honestly told him $362,000..

Convo went sorta like this..

"Hey man, wanna sell me that TA?"
"Sure"
"Really?"
"Yeh man, most everything is for sale.."
"What do you need out of it?"
"Oh.. $362,000..."
"WHAT??"
"Yep.."
"No thanks.."
"Ciao"

Ksm

Bronco Guru
Well $362,000 has been proven to work so I'm going to use that number from now on! Might even put up a for sale sign in the back when I know he comes around just to get him all agitated. ;)

rockerZ71

Loc.
Lawrenceville GA

I've had something similar a few times - a dude will act like he's really thinking about it because he knows these things so well and come back with "that must be a 64" or some other year that its obviously not if you know anything about them