• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Amount of Lift for 32 inch tires

mofohella

Loc.
Bellevue
What do you think is the correct size of lift kit needed to fit 32" tires without any rubbing issues? Would prefer only suspension lift and body lift.

NYLES

Bronco Guru
What do you think is the correct size of lift kit needed to fit 32" tires without any rubbing issues? Would prefer only suspension lift and body lift.

at least 4 suspension and 3 body!

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Hey mofohella, all kidding aside, you don't really need any lift for that size tire.
You most likely won't fit them under un-cut fenders without a lot of lift, but if you cut the rear for flares, then trim the front a little, you can fit 32 x 11.50 x 15 tires under a stock-ish Bronco.
Most appropriate wheel widths would be 7 or 8 inches, but even 10's will work if you must have that deeper look. Frankly though, a 10 is a bit wide for that style of tire on a Bronco.

Paul

Justafordguy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
If you cut the fenders they won't rub much with stock suspension. I put 2.5" SL on mine and they don't rub at all anymore.

knack

Contributor
Here's my uncut with skinny 32" tires, a 1" body lift and 2-1/2" suspension lift. 7" wide wheels (16") with 4" of backspace. No rubbing, but close.

Attachments

• IMG_1610.jpg
    IMG_1610.jpg
    160.2 KB · Views: 218
  • IMG_0527.jpg
    IMG_0527.jpg
    132.7 KB · Views: 288

ugly74

Bronco abuser
my 32x11.5s fit within the uncut rear fenders, with only a 2.5" lift (in my gallery)

OP
OP
M

mofohella

Loc.
Bellevue
Thanks!

Thanks for the info. Yes, they are already cut..got a set of bf goodrich 32 x 11.5 bairly used and rims for $250..woohoo!! I was thinking about 2.5 lift on it as well.

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
That's the nice thing about the 32" size. They look good stock, but look great even with a bit of lift. Your 2.5" won't overpower that size tire in other words.
Even with as much as 3.5" of lift, the tires still look "ok". They are just starting to look a bit small at that point though. Amazing what a difference an inch can make...

Paul

kaw550

Bronco Guru
I ran a set with what measured about 1" of lift. The rears were cut and had no problems. The front fenders were not cut and would occasionly rub the lower part of the fender in front of the wheel. I only drove on the street so it was fine.

a little trimming of the fender and it would have fixed the problem

matts70

Loc.
Northwest Indiana
I've got 32x11.5s on 8" wide wheels and recently got rid of my suspension lift and now am running stock height--pictures in my gallery. The one in the snow was a 2" suspension lift. The more recent ones are after I installed stock suspension.

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I've got pics of three '72 Explorer Sports on the Rubicon. No lift, no lockers, no fancy nuthin'. Just 32" Armstrong Tru-Tracs (on 8's) and cut fenders.

No rub, no lift, no problem.

Paul

Broncobowsher

Total hack
I have ran 33 12.50 15s with cut fenders and NO lift. Only rub was the radius arm but that was a steering stop issue, not related to any lift.

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Sorry no pics of 33's AMullow. But until someone posts some, here is my '71 with 1.5-ish inch lift and 32x11.50x15 all-terrains on 15x7 wheels on the Rubicon. Not as bulky as 12.50's on 8 or 10 inch wheels of course, but close.
Brannon0766 cr sm.jpg

Some more 32's on the Rubicon. Friend's '72 with stock height suspension with 32x11.50x15 Armstrong Trutracs on 15x10? wheels.
Same setup on the Red '72 in the background, except on 8's. Taken near the dam at Buck Island Lake on the Rubicon.

Brannon0008 cr sm.jpg

One of the key components to fitting max size tires on a Bronco is the wheel offset. If they tuck too tight, they rub on one thing, too far out and they rub on another. Steering stops as mentioned keep the paint from being rubbed off of the radius arms.

Paul

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Hmm, guess their post got deleted. For those not already subscribed, a member was asking for some pics of 33's on stock height cut Broncos.
I know the thread is old, but some of us are still watching!

paul