• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Another Bronco project starting- updated 7-30-05 getting close

2badrotties

Just a Bronco guy !
Loc.
Niskayuna N.Y.
I'm starting another bronco project here at home. NOT MINE ! This one belongs to member NYBronco. He brought it over today and I am going to get started on it this week. Man, I wish I had some of the stuff this Bronco has :( . I'll be posting progress pictures on this thread so he doesn't have to drive all the way over here to see it. If anyone has any questions about the engine, trans, lift , etc. you can post them here and he will answer them. Now that my football season is over ( Jets ), my weekends will be free to work on it. :)

EDIT 7-15-05 From this to painted. Some pics on page 10

Attachments

• chips bronco on trailer.jpg
    chips bronco on trailer.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 721
  • chips bronco in garage.jpg
    chips bronco in garage.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 560
  • chips engine.jpg
    chips engine.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 663
  • bronco painted.jpg
    bronco painted.jpg
    149.1 KB · Views: 213
Last edited:

IowaMike

Bronco Guru
Just remember to pay attention to your Bronc while working on the other one. They do get jealous and start acting up when they fell threatened by another. ;D

1975stroppebaja

Bronco Guru
Nice! Looks like you found a winter project to keep you busy now that yours is done :)

How much work is planned for it? You going to rebuild all the body that's missing?

Keep us posted ;D

OP
OP
2badrotties

2badrotties

Just a Bronco guy !
Loc.
Niskayuna N.Y.
ken75ranger said:
I'll have to stop over and take a look. That should keep you out of trouble for awhile.

It shouldn't take that long. Football season is pretty much over and racing season starts in a month so I have a month to really get something done. Should have a lot of progress pics pretty soon. This is not one of those stories you read about the guy who took it to a shop and six months later it is still sitting untouched. If I had brought some of my tools home from work this weekend I'd be working on it right now.

This thing is pretty bad azz. It has a 408, 5 speed, everything but a quarter panel ;D

feitctaj

FNG
Loc.
Group W Bench
2badrotties said:
It shouldn't take that long. Football season is pretty much over and racing season starts in a month so I have a month to really get something done. Should have a lot of progress pics pretty soon. This is not one of those stories you read about the guy who took it to a shop and six months later it is still sitting untouched. If I had brought some of my tools home from work this weekend I'd be working on it right now.

This thing is pretty bad azz. It has a 408, 5 speed, everything but a quarter panel ;D
lucky EB , To have you puttin your work on her
;)

MnkyBiz

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Northern VA/DC
I swear 2bad, you really need to just start fabricating tubs! I know of a lot of people here who would send you $$!!!

Me, I am still wiring!

NicksTrix

Bronco Guru
andy, you just putting the qp back on? whats on your work list for it?
you still coming down this way?
30 some odd days left until the season starts, 30 some odd days left of the long hours we're burning getting ready for it.
be good
nick

OP
OP
2badrotties

2badrotties

Just a Bronco guy !
Loc.
Niskayuna N.Y.
Minor problems !

I am fitting all of the front sheetmetal and ran into a problem. This Bronco has aftermarket shocks and hoops. Wheel tubs DO NOT FIT ! What to do ? Cut the new tubs for shock room is what I'm thinking of doing ;D . If you look at the picture, the wheel tub is about one inch away from the inner fender in the back because it is hitting the shocks. Is cutting the wheel tub acceptable ?

Attachments

• fitting front end.jpg
    fitting front end.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 471
  • shocks hitting wheel tub.jpg
    shocks hitting wheel tub.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 365
OP
OP
2badrotties

2badrotties

Just a Bronco guy !
Loc.
Niskayuna N.Y.
This Bronco has a three inch body lift. It isn't so much a height issue. The shocks are too far inward towards engine.

RIbronco

Loc.
Costa Mesa, CA
Those look like the Wild Horses extreme front hoops. If so, their web sight says a 2" body lift is needed for the shocks to clear the wheel well on 76-77 Broncos. That could be the problem. Or you could just cut the wheel wells ;D

NYBronco

Loc.
Hartford, CT
Shocks

2bad,
Thought you might run in to a problem with that. I had some issues with it a while back. For now just rewmove the spacers and see if you have enough room then. I am o at work right now, but will try to stay posted if you have any other updates tonight.

Thanks-

And just as a note to all the others watching this thread, it sure is nice to have someone like 2bad in the area to help finish a project I have been working on for so long.

Anybody have a good driver side quarter to part out? Had to try.

behemoth

Bronco Guru
As the owner just said remove the spacers, I have the same hoops and they are not needed.

Bill

OP
OP
2badrotties

2badrotties

Just a Bronco guy !
Loc.
Niskayuna N.Y.
I talked to NYBronco and I will remove his spacers. Strange thing is - even with no spacers, how do you get to the other side ( the nut ) if you want to install or remove shocks after the wheel wells are installed ? I guess I'll find out pretty soon :)

ken75ranger

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Troy, NY
Switch the bolts around so the nut is on the side that can come off. Slip the shock back on and then the nut. You still need to leave enough clearance to get the shock out though.

Last edited:

behemoth

Bronco Guru
It is a tight fit, the nut goes on the inside and I use the "open" end of an open end wrench to hold it while i tighten it. It is so tight that when I first used the box end I could not get it out when the bolt was tight. Yes I did have a good laugh on that one.

I have a 72 with a 1" body lift and I had to dimple the inner fender for the power brake booster. I would think that with the 3" body lift it would not be as much of an issue.