• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Another Bronco project starting- updated 7-30-05 getting close

OP
OP
2badrotties

2badrotties

Just a Bronco guy !
Loc.
Niskayuna N.Y.
behemoth said:
It is a tight fit, the nut goes on the inside and I use the "open" end of an open end wrench to hold it while i tighten it. It is so tight that when I first used the box end I could not get it out when the bolt was tight. Yes I did have a good laugh on that one.

I have a 72 with a 1" body lift and I had to dimple the inner fender for the power brake booster. I would think that with the 3" body lift it would not be as much of an issue.

Thanks behemoth ! I'm glad you understood what I was saying. I'll get to it this week and post a picture of it done. Tomorrow I'll be shoveling :(

OP
OP
2badrotties

2badrotties

Just a Bronco guy !
Loc.
Niskayuna N.Y.
1-30-05 update for NYBronco

This is a update for NYBronco because he is a long ways from here. I want him to be able to keep track of what is going on. Okay the way below zero weather is gone and I worked on it yesterday. I got the pieces made for kickpanels where Tom's cut them off. I got both inner fenders and wheel tubs installed. Moved the shocks, NO PROBLEMS at all now. I also got a lot of the seat bolt holes and odd holes welded up. Got that great big dent pretty much out of the front floor and even made the ridges look pretty good. :)
For those who don't know what I'm talking about... Tom's cut the front end off of this tub so they could ship it. They cut right down the kick panels and never sent the pieces with the tub. I had to make new ends so I would have something to weld the inner fenders to.

Attachments

• right side inner fender.jpg
    right side inner fender.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 214
  • left side just welded.jpg
    left side just welded.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 271
  • left side inner fender done.jpg
    left side inner fender done.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 222
  • left wheel tub installed.jpg
    left wheel tub installed.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 240
  • dent pounded out of floor.jpg
    dent pounded out of floor.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 304

1975stroppebaja

Bronco Guru
Lookin' good 2Bad! :) You'll be done with that ol girl in no time.

Hey, how is the quality of the repro front end parts?? Just curious because I didn't have to deal with those. For future reference ;D

Keep up the good work and keep the pics a comin!

OP
OP
2badrotties

2badrotties

Just a Bronco guy !
Loc.
Niskayuna N.Y.
1975stroppebaja said:
Hey, how is the quality of the repro front end parts?? Just curious because I didn't have to deal with those. For future reference ;D

Keep up the good work and keep the pics a comin!

The inner fenders fit " pretty well " but are not bent as nice as a factory part. Plus somebody %) boogered up one end of the right side inner fender ( cut a chunk off right where it slips in between the firewall and kick panel ) so I had to weld a little piece back on before I could use it. The wheel tubs seem pretty good. The braces from the radiator support to wheel tub are not too good but usable. I can't tell you where he bought the parts but they are usable. :)

NYBronco

Loc.
Hartford, CT
radiator supports

I purchased those from JBG, since they were the closest and they are actually the same as the ones offered by Tom's.

2Bad,
Everything looks awesome. Great job. I have the quaret coming from Bronco Connection this week and should have it to you by Saturday Afternoon hopefully, all stripped down.

Kidney

2Bad...How do the inner fenders actually fit onto the fire wall. By pics I could never figure out how they fit. I havent tore into mine yet so I have no clue.

MnkyBiz

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Northern VA/DC
2Bad,

Thanks for sharing such great work with us.

I have been pining away that my restoration will be complete soon. I quickly mentioned to my spouse that it would be great to start a new project Bronco for her & got a very cold stare. She wants me to spend more time with her (every weekend in the folks garage 1/2 hour away is not making her very happy).

Thanks for sharing....I'll have to wait a little while for my next one.

Keep up the great work!

Bill

OP
OP
2badrotties

2badrotties

Just a Bronco guy !
Loc.
Niskayuna N.Y.
Update 2-5-05

Chip - I got the rust cut out of the radiator support and repaired. Got the support welded on finally.
What a waste of a good day. I let someone borrow my sandblaster and they used ( stuff ? ) in it. I bought a new bag of sand do blast the radiator support and there was some of that STUFF still in there. I had to stop every 30 seconds to unplug the nozzle :mad: . The braces from wheel tubs to radiator support fit okay.

Attachments

• cut out rust.jpg
    cut out rust.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 162
  • radiator support installed.jpg
    radiator support installed.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 203

Bronco Ben

Contributor
Jckofalltrdes master/none
Loc.
Coffeeville, Alabama
2 bad,
you make it look ahhh so easy! Great job your doing brutha!

I'll be glad when I graduate this grammer school of body work and get to where I'm nearly as good as what your doing. Thanks for all the tips!
Ben

NYBronco

Loc.
Hartford, CT
Looking Good

Andy,
Progress is looking real good. Got a bad e-mail from Bronco Connection over the weekend. It seams my quarter fell off a truck and was destroyed. He is trying to get another on its way. I will let you know as soon as I hear from him.

OP
OP
2badrotties

2badrotties

Just a Bronco guy !
Loc.
Niskayuna N.Y.
Update - 2/19/05

NYBronco brought me a used quarter panel today. Guess I'll be busy this week :) . I'm going to section the quarter panel and I will post pictures for those that need ideas on rebuilding with used parts. He also brought a couple of rockers ( the three sided kind ) and I'm curious to see how they work out. I'll post pictures of those too because they are a lot cheaper than buying the repro rockers.

I'm probably going to use the upper quarterpanel, tail light panel and a new lower. I'll post progress pics this week.

Attachments

• new quarter sandblasted.jpg
    new quarter sandblasted.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 195
  • used quarter.jpg
    used quarter.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 219
  • quarter cut off.jpg
    quarter cut off.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 165

HotWheels

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Twilight Zone
Looking pretty nice there 2-bad. You're very motivational....makes me wanna build my one...74 from frame up!! This time a trail rig though...

OP
OP
2badrotties

2badrotties

Just a Bronco guy !
Loc.
Niskayuna N.Y.
update 2-26-05

Well, got a little done today. I cut the section I am going to use off of the large section that was sent. I also cut the rear-most post off because I'm going to use the post and tail light panel from the used quarter panel. The used quarter panel UPPER was pretty nice, the lower has some rust where it is welded to the striker post. I cut the rust out and made a patch because it was pretty solid except that one area. Little sandblasting and this is going to work out pretty good. Tomorrow I'll weld the section onto the Bronco and post a couple of pictures. Here is what I cut apart today

Attachments

• used quarter cut off.jpg
    used quarter cut off.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 127
  • rusted quarter panel.jpg
    rusted quarter panel.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 122
  • patch on quarter panel.jpg
    patch on quarter panel.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 112
  • quarter panel tail section cut.jpg
    quarter panel tail section cut.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 195

Blue71

Contributor
Bronco Guru
2Bad,

Lookin great as always. Thanks for letting us enjoy the pics.

Blue71

OP
OP
2badrotties

2badrotties

Just a Bronco guy !
Loc.
Niskayuna N.Y.
update 27th of Feb

Went out and got the quarter panel on this morning. Went pretty easy after fitting everything yesterday. Next project is those rockers :eek: ;D

Pics as follows. 1st is the panel just stitch welded into place. 2nd is welded solid. 3rd is ground down and ready for just a trace of filler. 4th - we have a quarter panel ;D

Attachments

• door opening.jpg
    door opening.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 201
  • ground.jpg
    ground.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 196
  • solid.jpg
    solid.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 167
  • stitched.jpg
    stitched.jpg