• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Another centech/ ford wiper switch thread

blazinchuck

Bronco Guru
My mind is drawing a blank! Now I'm starting to pop fuses! Someone installed a centech a few years ago in his bronco. I'm installing wiper delay...with no luck. I have a stock wiper connector I was gonna wire in-it's 7 wires. There's only 6 from centech. I also have a 6 wire delay switch. I've made notes over the last 10 yrs doing this mod, but for some reason it's not working and I'm blowing fuses. I did move the black with white terminal to the empty slot on the delay connector. Anybody wanna help?? And where does this "added wire "go...thanks.
f117aeb60d1977be743ef12f8962a7bd.jpg
e4603149e2061532b4f594a9e2762ac4.jpg
5e201b7fb58b26112805b58127e37e28.jpg

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using Tapatalk

OP
OP
blazinchuck

blazinchuck

Bronco Guru
For the record, I have another bronco here with the same centech and colors. When I duplicate the wiring from it to this other bronco I blow fuses instantly

OP
OP
blazinchuck

blazinchuck

Bronco Guru
If I do not connect the red "return" centech park power wire to the ford delay switch...it won't pop the fuse. When it is connected and the wiper is disconnected, the red wire to the motor is hot 12v...is this right?

OP
OP
blazinchuck

blazinchuck

Bronco Guru
One more thing, I see the delay is providing power to the return or park power wire, but that wire shows a ground from the motor which when I connect it- it shorts out and blows the fuse. Does this mean the motor is bad? Right now it works on low, hi, and washer works. But there is no park, which is why the delay doesn't work..it just runs on low speed.

OP
OP
blazinchuck

blazinchuck

Bronco Guru
OK, just for testing...I hung another motor next to the old one and vise gripped it in place. Reconnected the 4 wire harness to the new motor. Checked the red wire on the centech and it did not show ground. So I reconnected the red wire back to the delay switch and tested again. I now have park,low,hi, and washer. Must have been a motor problem.

OP
OP
blazinchuck

blazinchuck

Bronco Guru
Hahaha, no doubt! Maybe it will help someone...who knows