• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Another last minute wheelin trip! TWR- Nocona, Texas

Gummi Bear

Bronco Guru
Here's a cut-n-paste of the email that I sent to the LEBC list:

Going to Nocona in the morning, it's been 2 years since I've been, which is silly seeing as how it's less than 2 hours away.

Any of y'all wanna come, come on. I'm planning to get there ~9 in the morning.

It is $20 per rig w/ driver, and $5 per passenger per day.

Bring your own lunch and cold drinks, there's nothing close to get goodies at.

http://www.thewheelinranch.com/

Directions:

At Gainesville, take the US Highway 82 westbound exit toward Wichita Falls
Continue about 30 miles through Muenster and Saint Jo to
FM 1815 and the signs for Bonita, Nocona Hills and Lake Nocona
Turn right (north) on FM 1815, watch that first curve!!
Continue northbound on FM 1815 about 5 miles until it deadends at FM 1956
Turn left (west) on FM1956

Important: New Directions to the gate of The Wheelin Ranch

Go past the ‘T’ by the church on FM 1956. Go till you see a green sign on the right that says Keck Reynolds Road. Turn right. Go to till you come to a ‘S’ curve in the road. Turn right at the curve. Continue until you come to the ranch house on the right side of the road. There is a gate with a large locking differential sign on it. That is the new entrance into the park.

DO NOT GOT THOUGH NOCONA HILLS COUNTRY CLUB.

I'm wondering, of the 10 or so times I've been to TWR, will this be the first time that it doesn't rain on me?