• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

another option, speaker enclosure

jon_eds

Loc.
forest
After some searching found these speaker enclousures. I was well surprised how heavy duty this plastic enclosure was along with the mounting hardware. Site says its made for two 6.5" speakers but I put two 6x9's with 45 watts rms per speaker. Sounds awesome, mounts rock steady to the roll cage. Had to use some spacers for the 6x9's that I already had but their are quite a few 6x9's that would fit without spacers. Thought I would share.

http://www.frogheadindustries.com/i...ersal-2-speaker-empty-console-model-uni4.html

They have several other styles too. click on "parts" > "empty enclosures"
They are made for ATV's, but I think a bronco fits that description.

Attachments

• IMG_0681.jpg
    IMG_0681.jpg
    126.9 KB · Views: 399
  • IMG_0683.jpg
    IMG_0683.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 438

Brent13

Loc.
Colorado Springs
I went ahead and ordered the BC Bronco media center, looks like a nice way to do it. I will report back once I install. Will powder coat it, and then install.

Billsboat

Loc.
Rowlett tx
Made my own. 6 inch pvc end caps, stainless steel toilet flange, JB welded together. Taped off the toilet flange and spray painted the pvc, then pulled off the tape...nice look. Mounted to the roll cage with u clamps. Got it all at Home Depot for under $50 for both. I got some descent speakers a Best Buy.

Attachments

• IMG_0346.jpg
    IMG_0346.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 226

GSP9

Loc.
State College
Made my own. 6 inch pvc end caps, stainless steel toilet flange, JB welded together. Taped off the toilet flange and spray painted the pvc, then pulled off the tape...nice look. Mounted to the roll cage with u clamps. Got it all at Home Depot for under $50 for both. I got some descent speakers a Best Buy.

Can you post some additional pictures? I like the idea.