• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Softopper (another soft top option?)

Slednut10

Contributor
Guru? That's funny!
I am hoping they may have a selection of colors but black would be the standard. White tops are hard to keep nice and clean.

Still rather have a white top. Black sucks in the hot sun:eek:

Slednut10

Contributor
Guru? That's funny!
I’m not walking the red carpet with mine, so if it’s a little dirty......;D

Comfort first for me

JefeAZ

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tucson
I emailed them Feb 6 about making one for us. Got this response Feb 7

Good Morning,

Thank you for your email and offer to loan us your truck! Unfortunately, we do not have plans to design this top currently. There is another company out there who makes them for about half the price that we would be able to sell them for, and we don’t have a lot of requests for them

However, my shipping manager did advise to keep your email on hand if anything were to change in the future. If we decide to design a top for your truck, I will contact you to let you know.

Again, thank you very much for reaching out!

Thank you
Softopper Customer Service
www.softopper.com
1-800-810-7227
1-303-304-0533

I just emailed them again for an update

Bronco4x4

There supposed to design an EB top this winter. Check out the earlier parts of this thread.

ChrisC74

This is the response I got November 20, 2020 when I asked to get on the early bronco softopper list:

Thank you for your interest in our Softoppers! I will add you to our waiting list and we hope to have an update in this calendar year.

Have a great weekend!

Best Regards,

Desiree
www.softopper.com
(303) 304-0533
(800) 810-7227

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

JefeAZ

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tucson
Just got this today:

We are still in the decision phase, but my manager has advised that it is likely not going to happen at this point. We will be sending an email out to everyone as soon as we have a 100% answer.

While this is very disappointing, we sincerely appreciate you following up with us.

Best Regards,

Desiree

I asked what the issue is. Too many cage variations? Not enough interest? I sent them a link to this so they can see the interest.

JefeAZ

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tucson
Just got this as well:

I don’t believe its either of those reasons. We have had a ton of interest. I honestly think it is because Bestop makes one, and that is our parent company.

Bronco4x4

It looks like back to a Rampage and have the tinted windows changed to clear. Not a fan of Bestop for EB’s.

OP
OP
C

CW72

It's disappointing that we are starting to receive this type of response, I haven't heard anything from Softopper directly on my end. Still, a likely no is not a no and I will continue to push them.

Half price top they mentioned (rampage) is a bad comparison, its half priced for a reason as I think its half quality. Literally tore the corner in half on mine just trying to zip the rear window in on a 70 degree day.

We've known bestop was the parent company since the start but IMO, that top is ugly. I've seen plenty of reports from guys saying with the high middle bow it won't even fit through their garage door. (With this being the case as well, just take the measurements they used for that top and transfer it to your design, that's half the battle)

I really believe there is a market opening for a new top that would likely do well if designed well with quality materials. I'm going to keep pushing them, I'd like to talk to the manager directly and raise these points. If we weren't in covid I'd go to their door but unfortunately not going to happen.

Thanks for helping out guys, I won't be giving up yet.

Pops68

Contributor
Bronco Rookie
Loc.
Bazetta Township
"over 60" isn't many for a totally new product......do you think that maybe you should try to get them to REDESIGN the Bestop instead??? Never liked the high middle bow myself, so went with the Rampage.

May have better luck going that route as it would be just a change versus a whole new design/set up/retooling/build process.

Just thinking out loud!

Good luck!!!!