• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Softopper (another soft top option?)

OP
OP
C

CW72

"over 60" isn't many for a totally new product......do you think that maybe you should try to get them to REDESIGN the Bestop instead??? Never liked the high middle bow myself, so went with the Rampage.

May have better luck going that route as it would be just a change versus a whole new design/set up/retooling/build process.

Just thinking out loud!

Good luck!!!!

I'd agree, although I believe people are very hesitant to give out their emails. Not sure what else I can do to accurately gauge interest without having at least a prototype. Ideas welcome.

We have made it up to 75 or so, and I'd love to see even more if there are lurkers out there, I need your help now more than ever. There are almost 7500 views to this thread, and while I'm sure not everyone is interested or looking to buy, help out the cause because you may one day.

Personally, I think a redesign for Bestop is an even harder sell than bringing a new player to the field. They still sell, and that is an enormous company that is focusing their efforts on the wrangler and new bronco. I doubt they will have any time for us.

Thanks!

JefeAZ

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tucson
Take your Bronco to a boat shop and see if they want to build one. Those guys can do anything with aluminum and vinyl

Bronco4x4

I had a safari top made at a canvas shop for my 69EB. I have a Kayline top that I fold down as normal and use the middle bow lowered back as the rear of the safari top. I bought the Kayline new from Duffs many moons ago and its in good shape. The safari top goes over the rear seat. I’m building a driver 71EB and will need a top when done. Not ready yet. Someone on this board had a new white Kayline F/S and if they still have it please PM me. Not a fan of the BC top appearance. Leaning toward Rampage even with all its flaws. BTW >>I recall Softopper replied to me ~3years ago that they didn’t make one since Rampage has one .

OP
OP
C

CW72

The Bestop windshield connection is also a poor design.

I don't think I've seen theirs, anyone have a picture of it for comparison? I've only had a rampage top.

Take your Bronco to a boat shop and see if they want to build one. Those guys can do anything with aluminum and vinyl

I've kicked around just giving my rampage to a boat shop and having them make the same thing with better materials, can't imagine what a one off would cost though.

No Hay

Bronco Guru
I've kicked around just giving my rampage to a boat shop and having them make the same thing with better materials, can't imagine what a one off would cost though.

One of my favorite sayings as a union electrician - "The quality remains, long after the cost is forgotten."

Qumanchew

Contributor
Loc.
Kutztown PA
I've kicked around just giving my rampage to a boat shop and having them make the same thing with better materials, can't imagine what a one off would cost though.[/QUOTE]

I did this year's ago with a 78 bronco. The guy did an awesome job. Used a material called "sunbrella" I think. It cost $450, but this was about 8 years ago and it was a much simpler design. That top just closed in the back of the cab and was like a tonneau cover from there back.

bigmuddy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Marthasville Missouri
Sunbrella and Sunbrella II is awesome material. Hella durable and looks great for years.
Most top builders won't use it due to cost though.

I don't recall what BC uses on their top but it's not as heavy weight wise as the sunbrella, cant speak to durability but I am sure its likely good stuff though.

Cactus killer

Sponsor/Vendor
We got 15 in, we will be shipping tops next week. We got 5 assembled today but they couldn’t produce the labels fast enough, fedex came early due to the ice storms. Looks like Monday may be way worse.
We made a few changes to the top that you guys will like. These small details will allow for for some really trick new upgrades we will be unveiling soon.

Last edited:

m_m70

Contributor
Loc.
Pacifica, CA
Is the headliner for the BC top just not ever going to happen??
Heard many stories but thinking it's just a myth.....

Cactus killer

Sponsor/Vendor
I just need to finish instructions and paperwork. This will be part of the new stuff coming out this year. Call Kat and get on the list to order one.