• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Another Rookie Chevy Disc Brake Install with one major glitch

OP
OP
R

Raskew

Loc.
Vancouver, B.C.
Thanks for the link Raliegh. But that's weird, cause I have plenty of room where it's saying you should grind, about an 1/8" of an inch. I'm going to grind some off tonight today anyway. I'm also going to pick up a new caliper just in case.

Rick

raleigh_bronco

Bronco Guru
You are welcome and good luck.

By the way, I love Vancouver. I've been through your city 2X on the way up to Whistler. That is one of the most scenic drives you'll make in your entire lifetime. Banff is also great! I'm jealous. ;D

OP
OP
R

Raskew

Loc.
Vancouver, B.C.
Next time you come up we should hook up and I'll show you all the little known trails at Whistler (assuming you ski/board) that only us locals know about.

I'm taking today off trying to solve the caliper problem, but I did pick up a new one today along with a 76 F250 master cylinder. Does this MC have a residual valve that has to be removed for the discs?

Rick

raleigh_bronco

Bronco Guru
Raskew said:
Next time you come up we should hook up and I'll show you all the little known trails at Whistler (assuming you ski/board) that only us locals know about.

I'm taking today off trying to solve the caliper problem, but I did pick up a new one today along with a 76 F250 master cylinder. Does this MC have a residual valve that has to be removed for the discs?

Rick

Yeah, I went up to W/B for the snow! Went out to Oootah in March and it was unseasonably warm. We hit Alta, Snowbird and the PC mtn... Right now I am unsure where I'm going this ski season... 2 years ago we did Colorado, but I'm kinda missing Blackomb again.

Yeah, I pulled the residual valve out of the rear reservoir when I did my swap. Don't forget to bench bleed it first, it is much easier this way.

OP
OP
R

Raskew

Loc.
Vancouver, B.C.
So what you're pulling out is the brass thing in the port? Do you put anything back?

It seems to me that if I yank that thing out it will leak.