• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Anti-Cavitation Tank / Radiator

okeefe01

Loc.
Cincinnati, Ohio
Hey guys,
I am still fighting a problme with air in my colling system. I saw an "anti-cavitation" tank the other day. I have seen them before, but never heard them called that. It is a small tank that some of the EBs had that attached to the radiator. Ford says it was for extra cooliung and to help eliminate air in the cooling system.
Anyone ever heard of one of these, or have one on their EB? If so... do they help?

Thanks,
James O'Keefe

Hnrys69

Bronco Guru
go to kragen and get one, Its just a overfill bottle. I put mine next to the radiator on the drivers side. When filling your coolant wait until its cold then fill up to the hole, then start it and fill it until its up to the hole again. (this is with the overfill bottle) when it heats up the water fill expand and go into the bottle, when it goes back down it will suck out of the bottle. Also fill the bottle to where it says -Fill here when cold-

76Broncofromhell

Bronco Totalitarian
Loc.
Reno, NV
I think it's a little overboard for whatever you would use it for. There's always going to be air in the waterpump when you change the antifreeze; so a tank won't really help you. I usually just leave the cap off when I fill it so there is no pressure on it.

wildbill

Old Bronco Guy
:p :p :p The tank your talking about was on early fords and I have seen them on 67/68 broncos they bolt on and most were done away with when they went to leaking dont think it will help you when filling the motor burp it the high point were you can let the air out of the block top heater hose ect good luck. :p :p :p Bill 8) ::) :p