• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Any EB Theft Deterrents??

behemoth

Bronco Guru
On a previous bronco the coil wire was removed and replaced with vac line, the hood prop rod was also removed. This was with the stock hood, and the 5.5 suspension lift. I figure the little suckers would get really tired of holding that hood up while trying to use the remote start switch and the coil wire.

My only concern then was a personal injury suit when they drop the hood on thier hand or buddy.

Turning the tank selector to the middle, so it will not run long, wiring the horn to the dash tank selector so that when it is flipped to aux or main the horn sounds.

The grant wheel lock as well as the brake pedal lock work well. locking the brake pedal to the clutch pedal also works.

The colum shift auto and the shifters on the floor seem to slow down everyone else that gets in the truck.

broncow72

Village Idiot
Loc.
Spring,TX.
Fake dog doo-doo on the drivers seat.

XD-9.

Every time you get out of the truck make sure all around see you lick your steering wheel.

Rainbow coalition stickers all over it.

Turn radio full blast with beach boys cd in it.

blubuckaroo

Grease Monkey
Loc.
Ridgefield WA
On the old manual gas valve you could just turn it to the mid position and the perp would run out of gas a block away.

bsaunder

Bronco Guru
I've found that keeping your bronco in a fairly constant state of disassembly tends to be a decent theft deterrent :D

Kidney

how much for the dead hooker..........:p

Actually, someone broke in and stole her. They didn't get all of her, though. I ran a few u bolts through the floor to hold down her feet, so at least they didn't get her legs.

neonizagas

Loc.
Minneapolis, MN
Having owned one before I would say a Cane Corso Mastiff would be my choice for a anti theft Deterrent!

Very loyal, willing to please and quiet around the house. The Cane Corso is highly intelligent and very trainable. Active and even-minded, he is an unequalled watch and protection dog. The Cane Corso Italiano is great with children in the family. Docile and affectionate with the owner. They are protective yet gentle. The Cane Corso has a very stable temperament. It makes an excellent guard dog and watchdog. It will not wonder from the home. They stick close to their masters. If necessary he becomes a terrible and brave protector of people, house and property. The Cane Corso is not a fighting dog. They were bred as working dogs for hundreds of years. Therefore they will not go out "looking" for a fight, but on the other hand they will not back down from other dogs. The Cane Corso requires an experienced owner. It can be aggressive with strangers and other dogs. It should be carefully socialized when it is a pup. It is highly recommended that these dogs become fully obedience trained. When fully trained, the Cane Corso makes an amenable companion. Suspicious of strangers, but wonderful with the family. It will usually put up with strangers if the owners are present. When raised correctly, the dog should be submissive to all members of the family. Corso ears were originally cropped to help them ward off wolves while protecting livestock. Their ears are much more sensitive than the rest of their bodies. Generally, they're practically impervious to pain otherwise, so many Corso owners are often disappointed to find that electrical "invisible fence" containment systems don't deter their dogs.

Attachments

• cane-corso-0036.jpg
    cane-corso-0036.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 14
  • cane-corso-0054.jpg
    cane-corso-0054.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 13

broncow72

Village Idiot
Loc.
Spring,TX.
Having owned one before I would say a Cane Corso Mastiff would be my choice for a anti theft Deterrent!

Very loyal, willing to please and quiet around the house. The Cane Corso is highly intelligent and very trainable. Active and even-minded, he is an unequalled watch and protection dog. The Cane Corso Italiano is great with children in the family. Docile and affectionate with the owner. They are protective yet gentle. The Cane Corso has a very stable temperament. It makes an excellent guard dog and watchdog. It will not wonder from the home. They stick close to their masters. If necessary he becomes a terrible and brave protector of people, house and property. The Cane Corso is not a fighting dog. They were bred as working dogs for hundreds of years. Therefore they will not go out "looking" for a fight, but on the other hand they will not back down from other dogs. The Cane Corso requires an experienced owner. It can be aggressive with strangers and other dogs. It should be carefully socialized when it is a pup. It is highly recommended that these dogs become fully obedience trained. When fully trained, the Cane Corso makes an amenable companion. Suspicious of strangers, but wonderful with the family. It will usually put up with strangers if the owners are present. When raised correctly, the dog should be submissive to all members of the family. Corso ears were originally cropped to help them ward off wolves while protecting livestock. Their ears are much more sensitive than the rest of their bodies. Generally, they're practically impervious to pain otherwise, so many Corso owners are often disappointed to find that electrical "invisible fence" containment systems don't deter their dogs.

Too much liability these days. seems easier to shoot 'em.

SteveL

Huge chevy guy
Loc.
Hawthorne ca
I run the grant removable wheel and a brakelock that locks all 4 wheels with a key. Also fully convertable so no door locks.

ShortBus

I was just worried that someone would steal my carb and Battery... Now I am seriously paranoid.

justinoshea

Contributor
Loc.
Gilbert, AZ
Its old school, but I use a 'club'. I'm too lazy to lock it, but it is a visible deterrent to thieves. It's in addition to an alarm, hidden switches and buttons and a few spent casings on the floor. plus it serves as a blunt weapon

I also built a comparator circuit that sounds the alarm with a small backup battery if the cables are cut from underneath. If i park in the uber-ghetto I also leave the T-case in N, as the knobs are in 'English'

Last edited:

WheelHorse

Bronco Guru
Step one, a removable wheel I have seen driven with vicegrips.

Two... Get something to lock your hood... A simple hot wire to the coil using clips and a bump of the starter solenoid gets your bronco on its way. Now your kill switch no longer kills your vehicle.

I like the sound of locking all four wheels.

T case in neutral is good...

How about a nuetral lock for your T case? Where's the bronco vendors at witht that one? Only problem is that you need good parking brake cables and it could still be tow'd away.

Gas valve in middle is good if you have two tanks but again, real theives do their homework.

If they want your rig bad enough they will get it when you least expect it.

You know, I believe if you are convicted of auto theft in America, you should be sentenced to death... imagine how many crimes we would lower if we started using old sparky again.

Like someone else said, liability is a real issue. theif gets hurt, he has rights to break into your car and not get hurt; crooked I know but welcome to America. Break down your front door and drag him into your house then shoot the poor bastard.

You wouldn't believe how many 1000 dollar motorcycles get stolen just for a simple joy ride. Not to sell parts, but to just go out and drive it like they stole it, because they did.

This is why I have a common DD. People can't leave well enough alone or respect other peoples property. Some do it for the shear rush.

Build a box around your starter solenoid so they can't simply hot wire it from under the hood.

If you have a manual, build a clutch released device... If you can't depress the clutch how many would be able to hot wire it in gear? Sure it could be done but then the thief may get hurt and bump his head and sue you. LOL

Project_bronco

Loc.
Cottonwood, CA
A Doberman in the backyard! Sreiously, I remove the coil wire when not driving mine. May not be the safest, but who knows.:)

I miss my Doberman, she would've watched out for my Bronco. :cry:
Anyway...my anti-theft is that I'm the only one that can drive my Bronco safely, LOL. It kind of needs a few things fixed. :cool:
Also, I pray...alot. ;)
So it's protected by a higher power.