• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Any interest in a mass buy on High Steer Arms?

crawln68

Bronco Guru
I know that I need a set and was just wondering if anyone else is looking for a set? If so, maybe we could get a mass buy going.

mp

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Austin, TX
What all is involved in this mod? How hard is it to find flat top knuckles?

OP
OP
crawln68

crawln68

Bronco Guru
The flat top knukles aren't too hard to find at your local junk yard or there are some parts houses that sell them ready to install. If you find some at the yard, usually the driver side knuckle is machined/drilled/tapped and studs are in place but you'll need to take the passenger side knuckle to a machine shop to have them machine it flat and drill and tap it for you. Typically $50 to $75 for this.

Howdy

Loc.
Folsom, Ca
Does Ford make flat top knuckles or are you talking about the Chevy knuckles? If it is Chevy then I guess you would have to get some new parts starting with the spindle out.

I have been down this road a few years ago with my Jeep and its Dana 44 front end. I can't remember the particulars off hand, but it gets expensive quick when you have to start buying new front end parts, machining the knuckles, and new steering linkages. The Jeep was a little easier because it had leaf springs. With the coil suspension on the EB I could see a few more obstacles to overcome. I haven't seen too many people doing the high steer on EB's. I think cost wise 90% of the wheelers would be happy and have very little problems with just doing the tie rod flip.