• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Any source for 3 point seatbelt, with the detachable shoulder strap as delivery veh

mofoco1

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Clovis, CA
I am to the point of getting my cage finished amongst all the other projects. Before i paint it I am thinking og incorporating a 2 sets of 3 points seatbelts. My question is, does anyone have a source for 3 points with the removable shoulder belt. Postal vehicles have them, but they are orange, wouldn't work for me. Are these available or is it a pipe dream?..Mo

kiddingknot

Loc.
Orlando
I am to the point of getting my cage finished amongst all the other projects. Before i paint it I am thinking og incorporating a 2 sets of 3 points seatbelts. My question is, does anyone have a source for 3 points with the removable shoulder belt. Postal vehicles have them, but they are orange, wouldn't work for me. Are these available or is it a pipe dream?..Mo

I'm looking at 3-point seatbelts too, and I came across this post of yours. Two questions - Did you ever find the belts you were looking for? and What is the advantage of a removable shoulder harness?

ObscureMachine

Seatbelt Orifice Officer
Loc.
World Headquarters
kinda off topic, but my wifes tj wrangler has adjustable seatbelts with the "slider" mounted to the rollbar. It's pretty cool (not removable, but much more comfortable). So I'm looking for some to see if they would work in the bronco.

$(KGrHqEOKpoE5,GIuugEBO(oh(5-rQ~~60_35.JPG

OP
OP
mofoco1

mofoco1

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Clovis, CA
http://www.seatbeltsplus.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=SFNT&Store_Code=sbp

Never found the detachable belts although I a m sure they are out there. I wanted the ability to use it either way, as sometime you want to be able to stick your body out a bit for spotting, but want to still be belted in. i have them in my Postal truck, but not manuf. info on them. I am going to go wit the ones from above. The price if right as it is 1/2 of what the exact belt is elsewhere and I want the chrome retro buckle and the ability to match my interior colors. I just looked at a site thet had them for $119 each. I don't like the cheapy rice burner tuner 4-5 points as they are pretty whimpy, and I dont have need for a set of Simpsons or the like, although they are sweet and use to have them in my desert pre-runner years ago. i was going more for a stockish look but with more safety in mind. I looked at those adjusters too. The are cool and and available on most vehicles, but they have to be surface mounted and I didn't want any more non period pieces if I could avoid it. They also have the more costly Shelby style belts that are very cool and would allow for the removable shoulder straps, they have the top center retractor, which although very cool, may not be for some. That and at like $250 kinda pricey!

patterdale

Bronco Guru
Most regular shoulder belts are retractable so you should be able to lean out and spot all you want unless you do it too fast or are so out of position that the mechanism locks.

OP
OP
mofoco1

mofoco1

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Clovis, CA
If you are off camber your retractor will not release, it is the safety aspect of it. That is why we have the detachable ones in our Postal truck, as we have to lean out to service curbside mailboxes..