• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Any suggestions/ Wiring Harness

72moore

I took out all of the wiring harness also thought the dash could use paint,
so I took it out as well,
Since I was at it I removed the W/S frame, will blast and replace the glass.
Anyone have advise on which harness would be the best way to go?
Thanks to all in advance. Eric ?:?

Leo73EB

Loc.
Central Ohio
Are you talking about a body wiring harness? I run a Ron Francis setup and it wasn't to bad to set up. Custom, too.

OP
OP
72moore

72moore

Leo73EB said:
Are you talking about a body wiring harness? I run a Ron Francis setup and it wasn't to bad to set up. Custom, too.
Yes I'm
talking about all the wires from headlight to tail light
;D , Got any pics?

Leo73EB

Loc.
Central Ohio
72moore said:
Yes I'm
talking about all the wires from headlight to tail light
;D , Got any pics?

Well, kind of... but not of my wiring harness up close. I thought I did, but it doesn't look like it, on my cheapo-journal-site (link in sig). I'm going to be getting my EFI Harness (Ryan's) through BCBroncos in the mail soon, and I'll take a bunch of pics when I'm done, though. I even plan on taking a small digital movie of me starting it up for the first time!

"That's" how stoked I am about getting this thing moving! :cool: ;D

I tell ya' man... anything's better than the stock body harness. I have that thing, sitting in a box under one of my work benches... I'm surprised it didn't cause a fire in it's 31-32 years of existance!

galen1970b

Im installing a centech harness right now(just got done sodering turnsignal harness and wiring the ignition) I was surprised on how easy it it is...plus all my dash lights work and my truck started on the first turn of the key.

MnkyBiz

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Northern VA/DC
I can't say enough good things about the RF harness. I will be starting my "smoke testing" this weekend or next, so I'll have startup notes then.

You can see some of my wiring on my thread.

MnkyBiz

77TexasBronc

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Baytown Texas
I have been pondering which harness to purchase as well. The Centech or Painless appear to be about the same in quality and easier to install as apposed to the Ron Francis however I am leaning toward RF because of all the extra stuff being added, tranny cooler, tranny temp gauges,elec fans, elec fuel pump....(things like that) .The only draw back with the RF is its a little more complacated to install plus the big fuse panel is hard to locate without taking up to much valuable room however these are problems that can be over come....

I am still not quite ready for a harness however I will be jumping on the next Ron Francis Mass buy that comes along. ;D Good luck on your choice.

MI-Bronco

Do a search on this site. There are a number of good threads with suggestions.

Net is that RF is best for customizing. Centech or Painless is probably easier to install. Most have choosen Centech of the two (painless / Centech).

I installed Centech and like that product..

OP
OP
72moore

72moore

Wiring Harness Thanks for......

It has been a couple days since have been at my pc.
Thanks everyone on the advise on the harness choices.
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D