• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Any tricks to installing carpeting over wheel tubs?

bgaller

I'm finishing up a 74 Ranger and need to install carpet over the wheel tubs, but having a really hard time getting it to lay flat without wrinkling. I ordered a carpet kit from ACC, and while the wheel tub carpet was molded in a half moon shape, I just can't seem to get it to lay right. Any tips?

BGBronco

Contributor
N A S H V I L L E
Loc.
Tennessee
Mine seemed to lay pretty flat . Top was held down with trim panel l bracket and bottom stayed in place tucked under the floor carpet. However, when I rhino lined the floor a few months ago, I decided not to reinstall the wheel hub carpet.

billh1289

Contributor
Loc.
Jackson, NJ
I let mine warm up in the sun then used 3m spray adhesive and worked out the wrinkles as I went.

Slowleak

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Georgia
If stretching will get it flat then try a heat gun on the backside. You may also be able to use padding under it in spots to even it out.

cdj7k

I just did mine a couple weeks back and I found that if I cut as much of the excess off I could they laid better.