• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Anybody interested in this for a mass buy??

cracker

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Pueblo, Colorado
Thumbing thru a 4x4 mag the other day and came across this new item. It is a Ford 9" yoke guard. Is is custom machined to fit precisely over the rear yoke and u-joint, thus providing protection against rocks. I know I have hit rocks on more than one occasion, I have the scars, rock marks and broken shafts to prove it. If there is enough interest, I will contact Black Diamond (i.e. Fourtreks) and see if they will cut us a deal. Here is the link to the site and info on the guard.

http://www.fourtreks.com/yoke_guard.html

raleigh_bronco

Bronco Guru
I would like to see this on a mass buy from Fourtreks;

RSHACKLE.jpg

BRONKEN

Loc.
Morgan Hill, Ca
I made one of those about 15 years ago from a snubber bracket off a late 80's mustang. Just flipped it around and drilled new holes. It works great and has saved my yoke more than a few times.

TJK74

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Newark CA
BRONKEN said:
I made one of those about 15 years ago from a snubber bracket off a late 80's mustang. Just flipped it around and drilled new holes. It works great and has saved my yoke more than a few times.

Lets see some pics if you get a chance. I'd be more interested in duffs than that one just because its so enclosed and would trap all kinds of stuff in there. Take sand for instance that thing out in the dune would end up causing havok on your yoke and seal with a scoop of sand trapped in there. I guess you could always drill some holes in it.

Attachments

• 9skid.jpg
    9skid.jpg
    18.7 KB · Views: 72
Last edited:

Bronco Wild

Loc.
Nubraska
SaddleUp said:
Looks like a mud and gravel scoop to me.

That was exactly my thought...a "glorified shovel" %)

No pun intended, it's just that us midwestern guys deal with MUD...might be OK for a rock dude though...unless you wanna shovel sand! :D

BRONKEN

Loc.
Morgan Hill, Ca
You could stop by saturday morning on your way to hollister to check it out. I also have the Duff style to (never installed).My son has a baseball game at 2pm so hollister is out for us. :'( Let me know.
Ken

texashcane

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Argyle, TX
I bought the yoke guard from them about a year ago and it is tough. I've hit it pretty hard a couple of times. It's also super quick to install. As for the reciever shackle, I also bought one from them. It's a nice piece but it is machined so perfectly square that it won't fit in any of my bumpers. I've tried it in five different hitches. I need to grind down the corners some, just haven't gotten around to it

OP
OP
cracker

cracker

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Pueblo, Colorado
It was just a thought, I play on rocks more than anything, so it will be beneficial to me. I will drill holes in it before I install it.