• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Anybody used the ventures truck parts disc brake kit??

farzadmip

Just wondering if anyone has used this kit...Think it would require new locking hubs or stock okay? Also does it look like everything I would need, shy of the calipers?

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Haven't used it myself, but looks like just about everything you'd need. Don't see why you'd need new locking hubs though. Should be exactly the same as what you're running now. They were all the same on those trucks anyway (Ford and GM and some Dodge and some Jeep), but those should be Ford hubs they're using anyway, so it's an exact retrofit for the lockouts.

Only issue some people run into is the outer snap-ring on the axle stub may not work, as the existing Bronco stubs may not stick out that last 1/8 of an inch or so.

That's about all I can think of at this point. You'll still have to do the usual grinding of the knuckle to clear the new calipers that any other GM kit might need. Hopefully they'll say that in any instructions that they provide.

When the price is corrected for the calipers and any shipping, is it a better deal than the Bronco vendors offer? I haven't looked at their prices lately, but thought I'd ask just in case you hadn't checked there first. Nothing wrong with an eBay supporter of Broncos too of course, but I like to check them out, and for eBay at least, that $395 doesn't exactly sound cheap.
Maybe if they're closer to you than some of the other vendors though, shipping might be a benefit.

Paul

OP
OP
farzadmip

farzadmip

I figured I would offer $340. The sites are about 550 with the calipers. Plus shipping is cheaper on the ebay one. What you think?

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Worth a shot maybe. I haven't dealt with them personally though, so can't answer your first question regarding who has use that kit.
They seem legit enough. But then, don't they all! ;D

I'm a bit biased though, as I'm a regular at Wild Horses, and count Chuck, Tom and the Duffs as at least casual friends. So I like to support them too.
Totally understand saving maybe $100+ bucks too though!

Good luck. If you go that way, let us know how the experience goes. Or wait a bit longer to see if anyone chimes in with their experiences. It's still Sunday, so lots of members might be off wheeling and stuff.

Paul