• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Anyone else ever get one of these?

Henrietta

Loc.
Bradyville, TN
HAd this sent to me in my yahoo mailbox. Seems VERY FISHY! I remember someone overseas using stolen cashiers checks to buy parts from CAT dealers and sticking them for the parts and some machines too. Anoyone else get something like this?

Good day,
I came across your (bronco 1974) ,i am very much interested in buying
a
(bronco 1974) .i am making the purchase of this (bronco 1974) as a
birthday
Gift for my wife that will be turning 32 years in some weeks from now.
I am
based in DUBAI [UAE],I will be making the purchase by the use of an
American
Bank Cashier's Check Payment.The payment will be issued by my client in
the
states who is owing me some funds.To secure the purchase of this
beautiful
(bronco 1974),get back with the last price. I will appreciate some
photos of
the (bronco 1974) . For the payment to be issued,I will need you to
send the
following informations to me.-1.your full name 2.your physical address
3.contact phone number.so i can send this informations to my client for
the
payment to be issued and sent to you. I will have my pre-paid shipping
agent
[SEA GATE BROKERS]contact you on what will be needed from you
pertaining to
thier pick-up/shipping as soon as their payment has been confirmed
recieved.I will make arrangements for a special shipping for them such
that
they will be at passengers section of the jet. i await your quick
response.
Thanks
Regards
Mr kelvin bush

luvmybronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Ashland, Oh
Are you selling a Bronco? It doesn't sound too fishy to me, it's not like he's asking for a credit card number...It might be legit...It wouldn't hurt to at least give him a phone number to contact you...Thats IF your selling a Bronco...

TJK74

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Newark CA
No No. Sounds like another fraud. i had the same crap happen with a motorcycle i was going to sell. What happens is a bank will take a cashier check and concider it legit but it still takes time to clear. by the time your EB is gone you will get the info that the check is fake and you are SOL. The only way i would do a transaction like that is if you get cold hard cash. Beware PLEASE. Check online there are numerous right ups on this scheme that has been going on.

Check this link

http://www.craigslist.org/about/scams.html

OP
OP
H

Henrietta

Loc.
Bradyville, TN
That's the problem! My Bronc is NOT for sale. Not advertised anywhere or anything. Just sitting at my house out in the country. Have not even entertained the notion. I think every one needs to be on the lookout. Like I metioned earlier there were some people who bought a dozer or something from the CAT dealer I work for and the cashier's check was stolen and the machine was then gone! I think this is the same kind of scam!

Heck it kind of reads like a form letter. See the way (bronco 1974) is plugged in there?

supermottl

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Indian Harbour Bch,
WHF is that!!!??:? :eek: :mad:

sounds totally fishy to me - especially when the author uses funny grammar...

are you selling your EB? I wouldn't respond, just delete... sounds wacky - but that's just my overprotective Long Island mentality...

Skiddy

Bronco Guru
Yep something just like this happend to my dad trying to sell his 24' box truck, lots and lots of people over sea's were trying to buy it. He ended up calling the FBI, never know since 9/11.

jerry

Contributor
Loc.
Bakersfield, CA
Ditto for me, with a Volvo I sold a couple of years back. If you do sell and ship the vehicle, the check bounces and your SOL with your truck on a slow boat to Africa.

bronco-uno

Loc.
wisconsin
Most people think that a bank check/ casheers check can't be canceled.
The overseas scam ussally happens when The crook...aka the buyer offers to buy something and sends a bank check for more money than the agreed upon price. Then the seller sends a refund check for the diffrence along with the vehicle. The crook then takes the vehicle and the refund check and stops payment on the origional bank check....... Then the seller is out the vehicle and the refund check.......This all works because people trust that bank checks can't be cancled
BY the time the the seller realizes what happened it is too late and the vehicle is long gone and shipped overseas

Sac '68 sport

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Orangevale
Did it come from the son of the former deposed king of Nigeria?
He said that he would give me 500K, if I would only help him out with money for plane tickets for him and his 14 brothers and sisters.
He also had a million waiting for me in his bank account, but it was being held by the govt. unitl he could get it transfered to a bank acount in the states held by a US citizen.

Go Phish...
worst thing is it's probably being sent from some unsuspecting person's computer because he didn't update his virus files.
He didn't know he was trying to by a (insert product here) either.
Delete and set sender as spam.

YelloTx73

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Katy/Galveston, TX
This is a common scam with just about anything that one can find on the internet. Dont be a sucker, if it souns too good, it probably is.

elkarcher

Bronco Guru
I would turn him in and dont send him any info of yours. Sounds fishy to me. I would tell him to stick it.

73stallion

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Eugene, OR
damn, this has me a little nervous. i haven't gotten one of these, but you hear of those broncos that are stolen and never recovered. ya can't have enough security. lock the thing in a steel container and they'll take the whole thing and nobody saw anything. my advise, lock it up tight.

BroncoJAK

Bronco Guru
jerry said:
Ditto for me, with a Volvo I sold a couple of years back. If you do sell and ship the vehicle, the check bounces and your SOL with your truck on a slow boat to Africa.
Funny you should say that. I just got an offer to end an auction for a Rupp trike I have listed on ebay from west Africa. It sounded like a money laundering thing to me.

OldieTwoShoes

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Raleigh, NC
thought i posted here, but anyway heres what i said

they tried to do that with my friend yukon and they thought it was fishy so they did research/called cops for whatever and found out its a scam that was based in nigeria