• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Anyone have streetglow???

JGbronc

Bronco Maniac
I've thought about buying this kit, how easily could this be installed??? Any issues???

OP
OP
JGbronc

JGbronc

Bronco Maniac
Nevermind, I don't think the 36" tubes would work so well for the front and back.

Heus33

Bronco Guru
seriously? neons for your bronco? Is it a show only truck?

Heus33

Bronco Guru
Not judging, just kinda caught me off guard, like ice cream and sauerkraut.

phred

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Earth
think of it as hip rock lights!!! Or is that hip hop rock lights.

805tony

Wow! Might as well put a coffee can on the exhaust with a spoiler and start drifting! Oh don't forget to drop in the six 12 inch subs!

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I'm with you JG. And I'm a previous nay-sayer too, but I like the fact that they (or something similar at least) do make decent rock light or work light type setups. White is better for that of course, but nothing says you can't have a bit of bling for fun too.

Although I am still laughing at what Tony was saying. It's true!
Still, there's a place...

Paul

Tito

CB Fire Starter
Loc.
Bakersfield, CA
Its pretty freakin cool cruising the dunes with rock lights or neon glowing under your rig, would look pretty slick! I say do it.

I have a buddy that mounted one of the yellow rotating flashers under his for use out on the sand, pretty cool actually. And we always knew where he was even from a mile or 2 away.

22213evl

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Rio Rancho N.M.
I had a little one ( blue neon ) under the hitch mount on the back of mine till I got pulled over and told that they didn't want anyone running blue or red lights. cause it confused people and it might be mistaken for a police car, the cop did compliment me on the bronco though, and no ticket.he tried to tell me about his badass 94 bronco, and of course I said YEAH they are badass ( grin )

Ryans71

Loc.
Milton, Wa
I use some shorter neon type lights for interior lights. I strapped them to the roll cage in 4 spots. Worked pretty good.

Ryan.

Hal9000

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Flagstaff, AZ
Wow! Might as well put a coffee can on the exhaust with a spoiler and start drifting! Oh don't forget to drop in the six 12 inch subs!

Somebody beat me to it, but x2 on that one! I grew up in Phoenix and the only cars with neons were the street ricer kids. I live in Flagstaff now and not even the ricers have them.

I say that if you're going to add underbody lighting at all, skip the neons and go to your local truck stop. Buy half a dozen or eight LED running lights of the color you want and mount them under the truck. They'll last longer and probably won't get as much verbal punishment from other EB owners .... You could even go multi color if you want that "rainbow" look;)

neonizagas

Loc.
Minneapolis, MN
Geez Guys take it easy on the neon!
Them LEDs are taken away all my business!
Pretty soon I'll have to become a greeter at Wal-Mart:cry:
And you know what! I'll be putting NEON on my Bronco:p
And as far as lasting longer! There are neon tubes that were made back in the 30's and 40's that are still working today.

Gerry

Hal9000

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Flagstaff, AZ
True, but those 80Y old tubes aren't installed in cars. From what I've seen, the car kits are generally pretty cheap when it comes to the power supply/transformer and those don't last in the long run. I wasn't implying that neons in general were no good. Just that on a car they aren't exactly the best choice for lighting.... Doubly so for an off-road vehicle.

Crewwzin

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Freeport, Fl
I used to install quite a few of those kits back in the day. I only used Streetglow brand, but they all go on pretty much the same way. Straightforward and it only takes a couple hours, tops.

In this case, however, I agree with the previous post that LED's would be a better choice in this case. They are just more durable. Plus, there are quite a few companies out there that make them in 7 color combinations.

I give the idea a thumbs up.

kbldawg

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Marshall, AR
I would hang those under my rig, absolutely. I'd want them for rock lights, but...if you could find a multi-colored bulb, that could be fun too!!

Do it man!!

7bronco6

Loc.
PA
Its hard to tell from those pictures, but there only 5 bucks...I would think most auto part stores would have them, you could try going there and buying a set and see if there bright enough..