• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Anyone know who makes retro tach for atoms,Wildhorses,Bronco graveyard?

Mtgrizzlymn

I just want to know the maker! I have the tach but no info whatsoever with it, they say it's made in USA . Also it won't work with my msd 6a

broncodriver99

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Glen Allen, VA
It is a custom that was developed by one of the members here. He had no interest in being a vendor so he handed it over to Wild Horses. I have one of the first batch of single digits that was made and the package says Scott Gauges but the instructions reference New Vintage USA. Not sure if that is who is still producing them or not though.

What are you trying to figure out?

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Was going to say call WH to get the phone number and contact info, but it looks like you already got that.
Did you get a chance to call them, or do we have to wait until tomorrow?:(

Interested to hear what they say. Sorry I did not have the info directly myself.

Hope the answer is simple. Unlike so many others...

Paul

OP
OP
Mtgrizzlymn

Mtgrizzlymn

Msd says a tach adaptor and vintage says tach is bad! So adapt will be here thurs and new tach Friday I'll try both, Amazon had the adapt for 44.00 prime 4.00 next day air so I'm getting it just in case.

OP
OP
Mtgrizzlymn

Mtgrizzlymn

By the way vintage Scotts and Wildhorses have been Very Very helpful on this. All three were more than willing to send the replacement tach Wildhorses was the fastest for me so I chose them, great companies

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Good news (to a point anyway!) for now. If the manufacturer says that it should work, so their product is bad, I would tend to side with them.
Guess we'll know soon enough though!

Be nice to finally know just what your engine is doing inside.

Paul

OP
OP
Mtgrizzlymn

Mtgrizzlymn

Yes I think I'm around 2500 at 65 35 inch tires 4.11 gears I'll know more when tach is working