• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Does anyone know who makes these rockskis?

Dusty

Bronco Guru
Well you can call them what ever you want to call them. I was just pointing out that yes, the term Rock Skis is a registered trademark, and that trademark is owned by ONE OF US, and beyond that you can do whatever your own conscience dictates. Maybe Skuzzlebut should have said please but its really not such a big deal. At least its not worth Mr. upyours' cowardly anonymous drive-by post (sign in and put your name on it troll).

Dusty

[well I was responding to a post that asked what we're supposed to call rocker panel protectors if not Rock Skis. It seems that post was deleted while I was writing my response]

red67

Loc.
Austin Texas
Dusty said:
Well you can call them what ever you want to call them. I was just pointing out that yes, the term Rock Skis is a registered trademark, and that trademark is owned by ONE OF US, and beyond that you can do whatever your own conscience dictates. Maybe Skuzzlebut should have said please but its really not such a big deal. At least its not worth Mr. upyours' cowardly anonymous drive-by post (sign in and put your name on it troll).

Dusty

[well I was responding to a post that asked what we're supposed to call rocker panel protectors if not Rock Skis. It seems that post was deleted while I was writing my response]

yeah, i deleted my post. it wasnt worth bickering about. It just seems that "rock-skis" has become the general term?, for any heavyduty slider attatched to the rocker panel.

cant admin check to see the ip address where the "upyours" came from;) . then let us know who it really was?

77BroncoWag

Contributor
Bronco Guru
red67 said:
yeah, i deleted my post. it wasnt worth bickering about. It just seems that "rock-skis" has become the general term?, for any heavyduty slider attatched to the rocker panel.

cant admin check to see the ip address where the "upyours" came from;) . then let us know who it really was?

ok lets just call it chunk of metal under the door:p

chuck

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Ingram, Texas
I don't think they called them anything before I came up with rockskis. Several people have called products things like rock sliders and rockskids. What they are is rocker panel protection. Or make up something, that is what I did because I didn't want to type rocker panel protection every time.
Just because Coke is a househole name do you think Coke likes having a cheap cola called a coke? The same reason I care, I would hate to see a post that said something like "my rockski bent when I ran over this little rock" and then find out that it was a cheap copy (there is several out there now) that was not built right. If someone copys my stuff it looks like the least they could do is come up with their own name. By the way, I have no problem with people copying my products for their own use, I just don't like anyone copying my stuff and selling them.

SACHEM

Back From the Dead
Chuck, I'm still mad at you because I didn't win the contest to name your Spring Rockers the "Flex Capacitor"....:mad: ;D ;D ;D

I do however Love my new coil springs I got from you.....;D

Skuzzlebutt

PhD, Dr. of Broncology
Loc.
Honeymoon Bay
SACHEM said:
I don't want to dilute anything chuck has worked for but the fact is that Mr. Skuzzlebutt could use a lesson in manners. The word "Please" would not have been to hard to use in his response.

Enough Said....

"Please" get bent!

broncotime

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Grapevine, Texas
How about we call them "Intrusive Igneous Insulators" (or I-cubed for short).

Okay, It's Sunday morning and I'm putting off going out to mow the lawn!

SACHEM

Back From the Dead
Skuzzlebutt said:
"Please" get bent!

Well, Since you said please......:-*

Seriously though, Being able to express one's self in a tactful manner is a virtue worth striving for........;)