• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Anyone recognize this latch assembly?

bmc69

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Was rummaging through some tubs full of misc EB parts I'd bought years ago and came across this latch assembly. I've never seen one before...anyone else recognize it?

Attachments

• IMG_0803.jpg
    IMG_0803.jpg
    134.6 KB · Views: 225

bronconut73

Bronco Guru
Is it the Ranch Hand latch that goes on the pass. rear quarter?

I have never seen one up close so not sure....just spit balling...

OP
OP
bmc69

bmc69

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Is it the Ranch Hand latch that goes on the pass. rear quarter?

I have never seen one up close so not sure....just spit balling...

That was the only guess I even came up with...but like you, I've never seen one up close.

bronconut73

Bronco Guru
Wow....I think I can see how it could work as a remote hood latch....
Didn't really even consider that....sigh....

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
No latch on the Ranch Hand. The swing arm bolts to the bracket on the side. There is no need to easily swing the tire when in the Ranch Hand position.

OP
OP
bmc69

bmc69

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Remote hood latch. This is what mine looks like from BC broncos

Ha! Of course...I can see that now.

Well cool...might use that on the '76. Had to remove the factory latch on the '69 project to move the radiator forward. It has those crazy expensive pop-up latches from Duff instead..

Thanks again fellers.

bax

Contributor
Old Member
Again I was late to the party. Remote latch is correct. I too have one. gets rid of all the big latch stuff in front of the radiator.

bax

Contributor
Old Member
The club that Momma started? My boy is special, and really good at picking up heavy stuff.

OP
OP
bmc69

bmc69

Contributor
Bronco Guru
The club that Momma started? My boy is special, and really good at picking up heavy stuff.

We even have our own club logo...

Attachments

• team short bus.jpg
    team short bus.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 41
OP
OP
bmc69

bmc69

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I like it.

The "Ford Horsemen" got nothing on us.;D Wait til the rest of our logo wear comes out. The protective headgear gonna be a big hit...

Skiddy

Bronco Guru
never seen one before either, got pics of one installed. since I am old and blind and cant see duffy's pic%) hey maybe I could drive the short bus then:eek:

half cab

Contributor
Guru Bronco
never seen one before either, got pics of one installed. since I am old and blind and cant see duffy's pic%) hey maybe I could drive the short bus then:eek:

I wonna be in charge of the emergency exit:D

AZ73

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I bought one years ago when I thought I'd be almost done with the restoration. Now that I'm actually almost done I was wondering where people mount the pull handle for it. Anyone?

bax

Contributor
Old Member
I bought one years ago when I thought I'd be almost done with the restoration. Now that I'm actually almost done I was wondering where people mount the pull handle for it. Anyone?

I mounted mine by the emergency brake, Seemed pretty original to me.